Novartis Life Sciences Associate Clinical Sourcing Manager Job, Apply Online
Associate Clinical Sourcing Manager
Associate Clinical Sourcing Manager (Min B2 certification French / Italian)
Location – Hyderabad #LI Hybrid
About the Role:
The Associate Clinical Sourcing Manager generates, negotiates and executes contracts to support the utilization of clinical Contract Research Organizations (CROs) for Novartis Clinical Trials. Assuring the business of a compliant, high quality, timely and cost-effective external service delivery to support the Novartis drug development pipeline. The Associate Clinical Sourcing Manager also participates in projects and initiatives to ensure Clinical Contracting & Outsourcing Management is prepared to successfully respond to the changing needs and requirements (legal, operational, regulatory, and financial) of our customers.
- Prepare and release RFI, RFP and RFQs and negotiate with existing and new suppliers to support business for new requests as well as re-negotiating scope changes.
- Act as the main point of contact with vendors for negotiation of the scope of work, study assumptions, pricing, and payment schedules.
- Negotiate, develop, and implement contract frameworks including MSA’s & SLA with key suppliers and ensure full implementation.
- Ensure agreements are commercial advantageous to Novartis while minimizing risk through close collaboration with functional partners such as legal, finance, and QA.
- Drive annual efficiency improvements in applicable spend categories and responsible for complete contract packages for clinical ESP activities. Secure all necessary approvals to ensure compliance to SOX and company procedures.
- Contribute to vendor audit requests and facilitate corrective action plans. Ensure ESPs are delivering in line with expectations and contracts.
• Planning, prioritizing and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; applying software and tools to plan, track and report status.
• Achieving results by proactively building long-term, balanced and effective relationships, understanding the collaborator landscape and demonstrating political astuteness across business structures and networks.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- Detailed understanding of the clinical development process and robust understanding of the management of clinical trials. Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Solid understanding of contractual legal terms and conditions and excellent understanding of the Clinical CRO marketplace including central laboratories, reference laboratories and specialty providers
- Experience in financial understanding as it relates to clinical trial contracts and cost elements
- Analyzing specifications for optimization. Linking specification to customer value, challenging specification confidently. Conveying messages clearly and convincing stakeholders.
- Analyzing problems, considering and profiling alternatives; willingness to make timely, balanced recommendations and business decisions.
- University/Advanced degree is required, Lifesciences/Chemistry / Biochemistry or Pharmaceutical sciences is required (Added advantage – Min B2 certification is required in French / Italian language).
- 5+ years of Clinical Development / Pharma R&D / Procurement & Outsourcing within the Pharma or CRO industry is required with language expertise in French / Italian as a mandate ask.
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Business Unit: Procurement
Work Location: Hyderabad, AP
Company/Legal Entity: Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Functional Area: Procurement
Employment Type: Regular
Early Talent: No