Novartis is hiring Medical Scientific Liaisons; Pharmacists, and Master’s or other health/life sciences post-graduate degrees. Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD),
105,000 people are reimagining medicine for more than 766 million people globally. The MSL is responsible for scientifically engaging, collaborating, and aligning with a broad range of external stakeholders to co-create value, address identified patient needs, and ultimately change the practice of medicine for better patient access and outcomes. They leverage the right evidence at the right time during their scientific engagements and identify impactful insights and opportunities that impact and inform the Integrated Product Strategy (IPS), Integrated Evidence Generation Plans, launch excellence roadmap, Patient Journey, and medical strategies. MSLs also contribute to innovative healthcare partnerships and implement relevant disease area strategies. They will act as a strategic scientific partner and collaborate with other Field matrix colleagues (e.g., Value/Market Access, HEOR, clinical research colleagues) to ensure Novartis can support healthcare systems strengthening & improve Patient access and outcomes.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Be a strategic internal partner, gather and leverage insights for an impactful contribution to Patient Journey mapping, launch excellence roadmap, integrated evidence generation plans, integrated product strategy, and the medical strategy. Utilize knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and Novartis compounds to serve as the Medical, Clinical, and Scientific expert to field matrix colleagues.
- Identify data gaps, data generation opportunities (including RWE and implementation science, precision medicine), and key unmet needs and opportunities to help improve Patient access and outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate identification and mapping of external stakeholders aligned to the medical strategy and collaborating with other Novartis colleagues. Able to create personalized, flexible engagement strategies and plans, leveraging multiple channels and tailored content to meet the changing needs of external stakeholders• Personalize and expand external stakeholder engagement beyond Healthcare Professionals. Support and contribute to innovative partnership models for shared ownership in transforming clinical practice, apply foundational impactful Scientific Engagement principles in stakeholder interactions in alignment with medical strategy and portfolio/pipeline prioritization.
- Communicate the right evidence to the right stakeholder at the right time, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions and respond to unsolicited requests for information by sharing appropriate data regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, compliant stakeholder-focused manner.
- Support Novartis Clinical Trials, adopt and leverage digital channels for a broader, effective, personalized reach and impact, and lead high-level impactful scientific events, exchanges, and medical education.
- Manage personal and professional development. And manage administrative responsibilities promptly (customer relationship management tool, compliance training and other modules, expense reporting, etc.). Promote and adhere to Ethics and Compliance Professional Practices Policy (P3). Wherever applicable, collaborate with medical teams & HCPs to facilitate MAPs (Managed Access Programs) on receipt of unsolicited requests.
Business Unit; AMAC
Work Location; Bangalore
Company/Legal Entity; Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Functional Area; Research & Development
Job Type; Full Time
Employment Type; Regular
Shift Work; No
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Pharmacist, Master, or other health/life sciences post-graduate degrees. Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD),
- Acts with credibility and clarity of purpose to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships, working knowledge of the Healthcare System and research procedures, and the guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in a medical function (2-3 years preferred) in at least one therapeutic area.
- Capable of self-directed learning and having a growth mindset, excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to various audiences.
- Application of a curious mindset, employing active listening skills, and asking open questions to gain insights and uncover current thinking.,capable of adapting, organizing, prioritizing, and working effectively and collaboratively on multifunctional teams in a dynamic field-based environment.
- Proven ability to leverage new technology/digital/IT solutions for effective stakeholder mapping, development, management, and field medical insights gathering.
- Solid business mentality, including innovative, solution-oriented, and critical thinking with a performance-focused drive to achieve objectives and execute tactics, Strong personal integrity reflected in all actions and behaviours.