=”text-align: center;”>NISER Mol Bio, Genetics, Genomics JRF Job Opening, Applications Invited
Hey, are you curious to know what sort of possible interview questions can be asked for the role of Junior Research Fellow at NISER, then check them and the answers below.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH,
(An autonomous Institution under Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India)
At/ P.O.- Jatni,Dist- Khurda, Pin-752050, Odisha
Research & Development Section
Advertisement No.: NISER / R&D-190 / BL1906 / 08 / 2023-24
Indian nationals are invited for Online Interview (only through Google meet/Zoom meeting) on 31.05.2023 at about 3:00 pm for one temporary position of Junior Research Fellow under the project entitled “Proteostasis Impairment in the Progression of Pseudoexfoliation syndrome and Glaucoma” in the School of Biological Sciences, NISER Bhubaneswar funded by SERB, Govt. of India
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts – 01
Age – 28 years as on 29.05.2023, age relaxation to entitled categories as per SERB rules
Tenure – The above position is purely temporary for a period upto 17.08.2023 or completion of project whichever is earlier and strictly co-terminus with the project and not leading to any PhD degree in NISER. It would, therefore, not confer any right/ claim, implicit, or explicit for consideration/ absorption against any NISER post.
How to Apply –
Interested candidates should appear for Online Interviews (only through Google meet/Zoom meeting) only. They need to send the filled-in application (given on pages 2-3 of this document) along with scanned copies of relevant certificates for initial verification by email to [email protected], as soon as possible and latest by 5:00 pm on 29.05.2023 with the subject “Application for JRF in BL1906”. For any clarification please contact Dr. Debasmita P. Alone on the above-mentioned email.
No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the interview or joining the position.
- Master’s degree in Basic Sciences.
- Valid National Eligibility Tests – CSlR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or valid GATE
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates having research experience in Molecular Biology / Genetics / Genomics.
Monthly Emoluments – ₹31,000/- pm (Consolidated)
Download the application format below
Check the notification below
Hey, are you curious to know what sort of possible interview questions can be asked for the role of Junior Research Fellow at NISER, then check them and the answers below?
- Can you describe your research experience in the field of Molecular Biology/Genetics/Genomics? What specific projects or techniques have you worked on?
- Answer: The job description mentions a preference for candidates with research experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or Genomics. The interviewer wants to assess the candidate’s familiarity with these fields and their practical experience. The candidate should provide a summary of their research projects, techniques utilized, and any notable findings or contributions.
- Have you obtained a valid National Eligibility Test certification such as CSIR-UGC NET or GATE? How has this certification contributed to your research career?
- Answer: The qualification section states that a valid National Eligibility Test certification (CSIR-UGC NET or GATE) is required. The interviewer would like to understand the candidate’s knowledge and experience gained through these tests. The candidate should discuss the certification they have obtained, its relevance to their research career, and how it has helped them in their academic pursuits.
- The project focuses on “Proteostasis Impairment in the Progression of Pseudoexfoliation syndrome and Glaucoma.” Can you explain the concept of proteostasis and its significance in the context of the mentioned diseases?
- Answer: The project title mentions proteostasis impairment in the progression of Pseudoexfoliation syndrome and Glaucoma. The interviewer wants to assess the candidate’s understanding of proteostasis and its relevance to the mentioned diseases. The candidate should provide a clear explanation of proteostasis, its role in maintaining cellular homeostasis, and how its impairment can contribute to the progression of these conditions.
- What motivated you to apply for this Junior Research Fellow position? How does it align with your career goals and research interests?
- Answer: The interviewer wants to understand the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position. The candidate should discuss their interest in the project topic, how it aligns with their career goals, and why they believe their skills and expertise make them a good fit for this particular role.
- Can you provide an overview of your master’s degree research work in Basic Sciences? What were the objectives, methodologies, and key findings of your research?
- Answer: The job description requires a master’s degree in Basic Sciences. The interviewer wants to assess the candidate’s research experience and their ability to effectively communicate their work. The candidate should provide an overview of their master’s degree research project, including the objectives, methodologies employed, and any significant findings or conclusions they obtained during the course of their study.