Welcome to the National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) in Pune, an autonomous institution under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. We’re excited to offer career opportunities for passionate individuals in the field of cell science. NCCS is dedicated to basic research, teaching, training, and serving as a national repository for cell lines and hybridomas.
Vacancies List: We are currently conducting Walk-In Interviews for different project positions on extramural projects. Join us for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the world of cell science.
Name of the Post: Research Associate – I
Number of posts: 01 (One)
Name of the Project: Understanding the molecular mechanism of biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles using the Tetrahymena thermophila model system.
Name of the PI: Dr. Santosh Kumar
Essential Qualification & Experience:
- Ph. D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable Experience: Candidate should have some experience with the following techniques, as evidenced by at least one first author publication in a peer-reviewed national and international journal.
- ✓ Cell culture handling and subcellular fractionation of organelles
- ✓ HPLC, protein purification using Affinity & gel-exclusion chromatography
- ✓ Antibody generation in Rabbit and Isolation & purification of IgG
- ✓ In-vivo and In-vitro protein-protein interaction and western blotting
- ✓ Confocal microscopy, Gene cloning and RT-PCR
Project Tenure: Up to 31.08.2028
Total Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 47,000/- + HRA
Age limit: Not more than 35 years as on the last date of application.
Kindly bring the Application format duly filled in along with original documents and one set of self-attested copies
- Application format duly filled. (Available below the Advertisement)
- Proof of date of birth (Please see Annexure A)
- Recent passport size colour photograph.
- Essential qualifying Final / Provisional Degree certificate as per the advertisement.
- Copies of NET/GATE/National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and
their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc,
IISER, NISER, etc and other relevant documents, if applicable.
- Caste Certificate, Latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate, if applicable.
- Work experience certificates, if applicable.
The duration of offer will be determined based on fund availability.
Other important Points:
- The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and cancel the recruitment
process, if required. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process,
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does
not entitle candidates to be called for Walk in Interviews. The Centre reserves the right to call for Walk in
Interviews only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
- Number of candidates to be called for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into
consideration the essential qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the
advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and
experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of
any sort will be entertained on this matter.
- The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the
extramural projects funded by various funding agencies. The position will automatically co-terminus on the
completion of the candidate’s tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in
funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
- Fellowship/Emoluments: Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under project will be made in
accordance with the sanction order or latest DST O.M whichever the case may be.
- Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of
Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India
How to Apply: If you meet the essential qualifications and are ready to make a meaningful contribution to the field of cell science, attend our Walk-In Interviews on November 1st and 2nd, 2023. Remember to arrive at 9:00 am sharp at the National Centre for Cell Science Complex. Register your name at the Security Gate and take this opportunity to shape the future of cell science.