Advt No.18/2023 : Appointment of a Scientific Officer C (Research Integrity officer) – Unreserved on permanent basis
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) is a Centre of TIFR. NCBS carries out cutting-edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical importance to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. We are looking for a suitable candidate to carry out the role of Scientific Officer ‘C’ (Research Integrity officer).
Number of positions: One
Age limit: Maximum 28 years as on 01.07.2023
The Last date for receipt of ONLINE applications: 19-08-2023
- Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including a probation period of one year. Continuing appointments beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After a successful review, the appointment is continued until the superannuation age, which is sixty.
- The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for consideration for the recruitment process.
- The Selection process shall involve two-stage i.e., a Preliminary Interview/Written Test and Main Interview. The Main Interview shall be conducted only for those candidates who are shortlisted based on their performance in the Preliminary Interview/Written Test. Any change in the recruitment process will be intimated to the candidates in advance. The institute reserves the right not to fill the above posts herein advertised in case suitable candidates are not found. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- The posts are tenable at Bangalore but are liable to be transferred if the need arises to the Institute’s headquarters or other Centres and Field Stations.
- If you are working in a Govt./ Semi Govt. /Public Sector undertaking and your application have not been forwarded through the proper channel, you are required to bring a No Objection Certificate from your present employer during the time of the Preliminary Interview, failing which you may not be allowed for the recruitment process.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as of 1st July 2023 for the above posts.
- The selected candidate for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
- Since this position is Unreserved [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts will not be eligible for age relaxation].
- Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per the extant rules of TIFR or GoI are required to submit applications by post, along with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities, etc.).
- Incomplete applications and online applications without uploading the supporting documents in support of their Educational qualification with marks, Date of Birth, Caste Certificate, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, etc. shall not be considered.
- No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the recruitment process.
- Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE, except for those who are seeking age relaxation as per extant GoI & TIFR rules are required to submit applications in the Prescribed format by post and must reach to Head, (A&F), National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore: 560065 by 21-08-2023. The Applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope.
- A higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates as per extant rules.
- The prescribed format for an offline application can be downloaded here: https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/sites/default/files/pdf/job_applicatio…
HOW TO APPLY:
- Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
- Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
- Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the ONLINE application.
Key responsibilities of the selected candidate:
- The selected individual will work closely with institute leadership to contribute to the following key roles.
- Develop and implement training modules on a regular basis for the institute research community on the appropriate handling, and presentation of research data sets.
- Assist in the development of methods for curating and archiving research data.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure that research communications from its laboratories meet the highest level of ethical standards in line with institutional policies.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in data handling, storage and international standards in research data ethics management.
- Assist in the investigation of any deviation from institutional policies on ethical standards of research practice.
Essential Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Life Science (with an aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/institute
- Two (2) years of experience with scientific data collection and its reporting, and strong analytical and written communication skills are essential.
Desirable Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in biological sciences with experience in digital data handling
- The applicant should have a consistent track record of research output evidenced by the publication of primary peer-reviewed primary research papers.
- First-hand knowledge of modern biological techniques and approaches
- Experience with current methodologies used for gathering and processing data in research laboratories.
Level in Pay Matrix: Level 10 (stage-1) Basic Pay: Rs. 56,100/- + allowances as per Central Government norms.