Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientist I to work on exciting projects related to molecular and cellular mechanisms involving host-pathogen interactions during intracellular infections.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, independently or together with colleagues in BSL2 and BSL3 laboratories
- Responsible for carrying out laboratory tests such as culture and characterization of clinical isolates, infection assays including but not limited to cell culture and animal models of infections, drug testing, microscopy-based readout as well as RT-PCR, to produce reliable and reproducible data
- Responsible for analysing and interpreting data using appropriate statistical methods
- Design, validate, document and troubleshoot laboratory experiments
- Ensuring availability of all paper and electronic records etc.
- Preparing regular reports and summaries, participating in consortium meetings
- Develop and maintain knowledge of immunology and virology of infectious diseases, particularly tuberculosis and SARS-CoV-2
- Maintaining strict adherence to timeliness/punctuality scheduled in advance
Qualification & Experience required:
- PhD in biological sciences, preferably infection biology
- Prior experience in working with infectious agents and biological specimens (BSL-2, BSL-3)
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of the use of personal computers and their applications
- Prior publications in infectious disease, either virology or immunology
- Prior experience in culture and maintenance of infectious agents such as M. tuberculosis, SARS-Cov2
- Prior experience in assay miniaturisation/assay development
- Prior experience in working with automated / semi-automated liquid handling platforms
Number of positions: 1
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Salary: on par with Project scientist 1 DST positions.
Age limit: 35 years
Submission Deadline: Dec 31 2022
The following documents are required to Apply:
1. Submit your recent CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees) in PDF format in the CV tab
2. Upload the cover letter explaining briefly why you are suited for this application in the Experience tab
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. It should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
ONLY THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR THE INTERVIEW
Note: Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting the online applications.