The Raman Research Institute, funded by the Government of India, is a premier Institute engaged in research in basic sciences. More information about the Institute, the fields of research, and other details can be viewed at its website www.rri.res.in.
Applications are invited for up to THREE posts of RESEARCH ASSITANT (RA) on a temporary basis for Biophysics Project in the Soft Condensed Matter Group of the Institute. The position is for 1 year and may be extended up to a maximum of 2 years, with regular evaluation. First 6 months of appointment will be under probation. We seek motivated individuals with good academic background with an aptitude to explore and master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and eagerness to learn new techniques. The details of the required qualifications and experience are given
Upper Age Limit: The upper as limit is 45 years, as on the last date for closing of applications.
The last date for receipt of applications is 21 August 2023. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per Govt., of India rules for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
- The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for test/ interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of relevant qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Candidate should be self-driven, motivated and have leadership skills to manage the personnel working with him.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to appear for a personal interview at the Raman Research Institute. Under exceptional cases online (Zoom/Skype) interview may be considered. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interviews. Mere fulfilling the essential and desired qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right to relax any of the above requirements in exceptional cases.
- The Institute reserves the right, not to fill the post herein advertised.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by filling up an online form. In the online form, the applicant will be required to upload PDFs/Images of all the relevant documents, including:
- Scanned colour copies of Educational Certificates and mark sheets.
- Curriculum Vitae. Should include detailed a description of the research projects done.
- Statement of purpose (500 words max), as to what motivates the applicant to apply for the above post and why the applicant is the appropriate choice for the opening.
- A recent passport-size photograph and the image of the candidate’s signature.
- Each applicant would need to provide references of two individuals whom the Institute could contact for referral letters.
In case of any queries/help, please contact [email protected].
Link to the application: http://rhino.rri.res.in:9900/forms/rabiophys062023.php
Incomplete applications, particularly those without a Statement of Purpose or description of research projects done, may not be considered.
Job Description: RA will be responsible for the fabrication, characterization and setting up of single cell detection devices to study the mechanical properties of cells/molecules in the Biophysics project in the Soft Condensed Matter group at RRI.
Remuneration: A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 31,000/- plus HRA per month will be paid to the selected candidates.
Desirable: Experimental work experience in a lab in the fields of microfluidics, optics, biophysics, single molecule experiments, optical tweezers, AFM, optical microscopy, nanodevices, and/or electric and electronic measurements on biological samples will be preferred. Familiarity with Arduino/Raspberry Pi programming languages, LabVIEW and/or Matlab is desired. Some experience with handling biological cells, DNA and protein bio material is also desirable.