WII MSc Biological Sciences Job – Apply For Project Associate Vacancy. MSc Jobs. MSc Biological Sciences job openings. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Recruitment of Research Personal
PAN India Assessment and Monitoring of Endangered Species under the IDWH –
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of wildlife research, teaching and training. The Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for Project Associate (01 position) in PAN India Assessment and Monitoring of Endangered Species under the IDWH – Jerdon’s Courser over an online link & email followed by direct interview for shortlisted candidates. The period of the contractual engagement will be 01 (one) year or conterminous with the project subject to the performance of the project personnel. Applicants need to fill in the form at https://forms.gle/h6WBvpJUYM8NXsEV6; along with sending a softcopy to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org (see details in the mode of selection, terms and conditions). The last date of receipt of online applications is 27.02.2023 up to 1730 hrs. Details of the positions along with essential and desirable qualifications, a brief description of work, age criteria and monthly emoluments are described on the following page.
Position Name: Project Associate I
No. of posts – 01
Upper age limit – 35
Mode of selection:
- The candidates are required to submit their completed application forms at https://forms.gle/h6WBvpJUYM8NXsEV6 and a response will be sent to the candidates’ registered email id. Candidate has to save the emailed response/ acknowledgement of application in pdf format, with accompanying attachments (as mentioned in point 2 – “Submission of documents”) by email with the subject line: “Application for the post of Project Associate – I for the Project PAN India Assessment and Monitoring of Endangered Species under the IDWH – Jerdon’s Courser” to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and no later than 1730 hrs on 27.02.2023.
- Submission of documents: The copy of the application form, submitted online through the above-mentioned link, should be emailed according to the prescribed format and must be accompanied by self-attested: (a) Scanned copies of educational qualifications (Secondary to Post graduate degree); (b) Scanned copies of experience letter/ certificate; (c) A concise statement of purpose (SOP) with approximately 300-500 words; (d) Scanned copy of Demand Draft/screenshot of e-transfer receipt, and (e) passport size picture.
- The SOP must be compulsorily attached with the application, stating the purpose clearly for applying to this position, failing which applications will not be considered. There is no specified format for the SOP.
- An application fee of Rs. 250/- has to be paid through electronic transfer. The transfer may please be done to the following SB account No. 518502010058747, Bank Name: Union Bank of India, Branch Name: Chandrabani (Wildlife Inst.) Dehradun, IFSC Code: UBIN0551856.
- The applications received after the last date of submission will be rejected.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum advertised qualifications and experience requirement DOES NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for an interview.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are minimum and it would be open to the Wildlife Institute of India to restrict the number of candidates to be interviewed to a reasonable limit by adopting the experience of a higher level than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement, by way of initial screening through a duly constituted Screening Committee.
- Shortlisting of applicants for interview will be based on essential qualifications, age limit, NET/ GATE qualification, percentage of marks in Bachelor and Master’s, specialization relevance in Masters, research experience (Publications, Paper Presented in Workshops/ Seminars/ Symposiums/ Conferences), SOP and extracurricular activities (as per WII rules).
- At the time of verification of original documents, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual for the project period only and will stand abolished after the completion of the project.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit shall be allowed in accordance with the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) OM No.1501282/2010-Estt. (D) Dated 27.03.2012 as amended from time to time. However, the categories of upper age relaxations are as follows: a. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes up to 5 years. b. Other Backward Class (OBC) up to 3 years.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual for the project period only and will stand abolished after the completion of the project. The tenure of the project will be governed by the Institute’s rules and regulations.
- After the announcement of the results, the candidate should join the project immediately.
- The Director WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
Essential Qualification (EQ): Master’s in Biological Sciences (any field)
Desirable Qualification (DQ): Demonstrated experience in implementing wildlife surveys, expertise in camera trapping, data analysis, report writing, and RS-GIS analysis. Candidates with knowledge of Telugu / Tamil / Kannada will be preferred
Description of Work – The candidate will be required to carry out field surveys for Jerdon’s Courser using camera trapping, analyse data and prepare reports under the supervision of Project PIs. The work will be focused on but not restricted to Andhra Pradesh.
Emoluments: Rs. 31,000/- +HRA