MNNIT Molecular Biology, Biochem, Biotech & Life Sciences JRF
MNNIT Molecular Biology, Biochem, Biotech & Life Sciences JRF. MSc & MTech Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences job. Check out all of the details on the same
Department of Biotechnology
MOTILAL NEHRU NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ALLAHABAD
Allahabad – 211 004 (India)
Advertisement No- …/2022/Project Staff
Advertisement for the Post of Junior Research Fellow (On Contract)
Walk In Interview
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (on contract) in research project entitled “Study on therapeutic and preventive efficacies of linoleic acid in hamster model of visceral leishmaniasis” sanction letter no. F.No. 6/9-7(265)/KA/2021/ECD-II dated 22/11/2022 sponsored by ICMR, GOI, New Delhi.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Name of Principal Investigator: Dr. Radha Rani
Description and Objectives of the Project: The preliminary evidence for the immune-potentiation as well as the parasiticidal activity of linoleic acid (LA) against L. donovani infection has been shown in vitro by the PI. The findings are published and given below. In order to establish the preventive and therapeutic efficacy of LA, PI wants to evaluate its
in vivo efficacy in hamster model of visceral leishmaniasis infection in collaboration with IIT-BHU and IIT Kharagpur. The project is for two years.
Other Benefits: Accommodation may be available as per the availability and the Institute norms. The candidate selected for the JRF may register for PhD if eligibility conditions as set by the institute are met by him/her. The facility of yearly leave, carryover leave, medical benefits etc. may be available as per applicable rules of the project staff
Age Limit: 28 years on the last date of application (The upper age limit is relaxable up in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates as per government guidelines)
Tenure of Appointment: Appointment will be made on a contract basis for a period of one year initially, which may be extended depending on the performance evaluation on yearly basis till the end of a project.
How to Apply
The duly completed application (soft copy in any form) in the prescribed format along with scanned copies of supporting documents must reach to email id: [email protected] (email id of Dr Ambak Kumar Rai, Department of Biotechnology) with the subject of the email as “Application for JRF (on contract) in ICMR Project” on or before 11/01/2023, 5.00 PM (IST).
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of the information, other documents and photographs submitted.
- The Institute reserves the right to accept applications at any time and consider candidates of exceptional credentials without applications. Qualification and experience may be relaxed by the Institute at any point in time for otherwise exceptional candidates.
- Qualification and experience may be relaxed by the Institute at any point of time for otherwise exceptional candidates. Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for an Interview. The Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and the need of the project.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview date. So, the candidate must provide valid E -mail IDs in their applications.
- Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with an updated CV, publications if any and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/ certificates in support of their academic qualifications. Due to COVID-19, the mode of the interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via the email id provided in the application form.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
Essential Qualifications: M.Tech./M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Molecular Human Genetics, Molecular Biology or any relevant discipline suitable to the work proposed in the project. NET and/or GATE qualified.
Desirable Experience: 75% marks or equivalent CGPA in M.Sc. or 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in M.Tech. One year of research experience in a related area.
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000.00 per month + HRA as per norm