KSCSTE POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
1. Overview of the Scheme
Sl No Particulars Details
1. Name of the Scheme KSCSTE Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme
2. Beneficiary group Candidates qualified with Ph.D. in Science/Engineering subjects
3. Objectives of the
To support the research aptitude of Doctorate holders in Science & Technology.
To motivate Ph. D holders to pursue research and to develop career as scientists.
To motivate fellows and impart the skills needed for them to become lifelong
learners and to develop technical and leadership skills.
4. Who can apply and
Time slot to apply
i. Applicant should have scored minimum 60% marks for post-graduation.
ii. Applicant should have qualified Ph.D. in Science / Engineering subjects.
iii. Applicant should not be a permanent employee at the time of application for the
iv. Those who have availed Post-Doctoral Fellowship earlier from KSCSTE or
elsewhere are not eligible to apply for KSCSTE Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
5. Age limit &
40 years – as on 1st January 2023 ( relaxed for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST)
6. Kerala affiliation Applicant should be a Permanent Resident of Kerala.
7. Research Centre for
Research Centre should not be the same as the Ph.D Research Centre
Research centre should preferably be in Kerala and should belong to the
category of “Government Institutions” [however, premier National Institutions
viz.,IISER, IIT, IISc etc outside the State shall also be considered ]
– Tenable only in R&D institutions (National/State level) or University
Applicant should have published at least one research paper in a SCI
9. Scientist Mentor
Regular/Permanent employee of the Institute having minimum 5 years of service
left for Superannuation
Should have secured Ph.D. in Science or Engineering subjects.
10. Nature of support Financial (Post-Doctoral Fellowship) and Technical (In terms of evaluation and
technical advice through Group Monitoring Workshops)
11. Quantum of
Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship @ Rs. 45,000 + 10% HRA per month along with
an Annual Contingent grant of Rs. 75,000/-
12. Number of yearly
Maximum 20 nos. ( Actual sanction is subject to availability of Government grant)
13. Subject area Seats to be allocated evenly to the following subject categories
(i) Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
(iv)Physical, Chemical & Mathematical sciences
14. Duration of the
Maximum duration – 2 Years
15. Release of grant Grant is released to Head of the Institution , through National Electronic Fund
16. Selection process
Preliminary scrutiny for eligibility verification
Technical review by five subject experts
Presentation of Project Proposal in the Programme Advisory Committee (PAC)
meeting and recommendation by PAC
Execution of Agreement
Issue of Sanction Order and release of first installment
17. Mode of Application Online