IISER Pune BTech MSc Biotech & Life Sciences JRF Job – Apply Online
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier institute
dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was established in 2006 by the
Ministry of Human Resource Development (renamed Ministry of Education in August 2020).
In 2012, IISER Pune was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of
Applicants fulfilling following advertised criteria may attend Walk-in Interview for the
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – “Cell-matrix adhesion-dependent Golgi organisation: Regulation and role in normal and anchorage-independent cancers”
Project Code – 30123644
Funding Agency – Science & Engineering Research Board
Tenure of the appointment – Initially for a period of one year extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance
of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Upper age limit as on the last date of application – Not more than 28 years
How to Apply –
- Interested candidates may click here to apply online. The last date of application is
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with date, time and other details will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- Following will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage:
a) Photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, experiences etc.
b) Recent passport size color photograph.
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in IISER Pune
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The prescribed date for determining the upper age limit, educational qualifications or
experience shall be the last date for submitting applications.
- The prescribed educational qualification should have been obtained from recognized
Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and / or experience are the bare minimum and
mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is
large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on
the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the number of candidates to be
considered for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into
consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in
the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- Number of posts may vary depending upon the requirements during the selection process.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification/s and / or experience/s of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- The experience requirement may be relaxed based on the cohort of applications received, with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted
candidate/s may be offered the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the
post applied for.
Minimum educational qualification –
- M.Sc. / B.Tech in Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Bioengineering with minimum 65% marks / equivalent grade with valid CSIR-NET GATE / DBT – JRF/ any other National Level Test conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies OR equivalent scorecard.
- Additional percentage cut-off may be applied during the screening process if needed.
Consolidated emoluments per month – Rs. 31,000/- + 24% (House Rent Allowance)