ICON Life Sciences Manager Study Start-up Job Opening, Apply Online
Job Role: Manager, Study Start-Up
Job ID: JR108788
Work Type: OFFICE BASED
About the role
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some
of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
As Study Start Up Manager, you will lead a global team of Study Start Up Associates across EMEA, Americas and APAC (size of team 20 FTE) within our Centralized Patient Consent Team. The core purpose of this role is to coordinate, lead and facilitate the activities related to preparation, review and approval of Study Master, country related and site level Informed Consent documents in accordance with internal / external SOPs as applicable e.g. ICH, GCP and all applicable regulations, laws and other guidelines and ethical standards; and to ensure that study authorization roles and responsibilities are focused on quality optimization, efficiencies and cost containment.
- To mentor and lead a team of 20 Study Start Up Associates globally, working with and through others.
- Lead and drive creation, review, and approval of Informed Consent Forms / related documentation
- Build and negotiate processes with Sponsors, Portfolio Directors
- Deliver training to members of the team as well as global study teams to ensure quality and alignment of processes
- Continually assess opportunities for process improvements and develop and monitor process change implementation.
- Provide financial oversight to ensure appropriate profitability and Monitor and manage staff workload to optimize resource utilization.
Your background and experience:
You will likely have a blend of the following skills.
- Educated with a degree in Life Sciences and in depth proven clinical research industry experience.
- You will have had a career to date which will have included clinical trials allowing you to have an In-depth knowledge of the Informed Consent procedure (preparation, review and approval) from a regulatory perspective.
- You will possess significant experience in the preparation, review and approval of Study Master, country related and site level Informed Consent documents in accordance with int./ext.
- SOPs as applicable, ICH, GCP and all applicable regulations, laws and other guidelines and ethical standards.
- In a highly regulated environment and tight timelines to open study sites you should have effective prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with meticulous attention to detail.
- Given that this role will lead a global team of cc 18 – 20 individuals, you will have strong mentoring skills, team management and team leadership.
- You will also have excellent interpersonal skills given that your role will have you chairing significant negotiation discussion with both internal and partners and sponsors.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
- We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
- We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
- But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.