NIPHM Biotech Microbiology JRF Job – Attend Walk-In-Interview
Job Posting: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
National Institute of Plant Health Management
Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Government of India
WALK IN INTERVIEW
National Institute of Plant Health Management (NIPHM) is currently seeking eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) on a contractual basis. The engagement will be for a period of six months/one year/till project period, whichever is earlier. The selected candidate will work on the Hot Water Immersion Treatment of Chillies project. Interested candidates should attend the walk-in interview along with the required documents and a PowerPoint presentation.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow (PBD) – APEDA Project
Number of Posts: 01
Project Title & Duration: Hot Water Immersion Treatment of Chillies (APEDA Project) – six months/one year/till project period
Maximum Age Limit: 30 years for Men & 35 years for Women
- Post Graduate degree in Agriculture/Horticulture with specialization in Entomology/Plant Pathology/Agronomy/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Olericulture; OR
- Post Graduate degree in Life Sciences with specialization in Entomology/Plant Pathology/Biotechnology/Microbiology (Candidates with 3 years of Graduate Degree and 2 years of Post Graduate Degree should have NET qualification)
Salary: Rs. 31,000/- per month (consolidated pay)
- Date: 16-10-2023
- Time: 9.00 a.m.
- Venue: National Institute of Plant Health Management, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad
- Presentation: All candidates must bring a PowerPoint presentation (in Pen drive) for the walk-in interview.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position of Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs is purely on contractual basis for a period of
Six months/One year/ Project Period whichever is earlier.
- The continuance of Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs during the said period of six months / one year /project period depends on the satisfactory performance and availability of the budget for the project in which they have been engaged. It can be terminated at any time by issue of one month notice by NIPHM. It can also be terminated at any time without giving one month’s notice if he/she is found guilty of gross negligence or involved in acts of grave misconduct. The services of the Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs shall stand terminated automatically on expiry of the contract period unless it is extended in writing.
- The candidates have to produce all the original certificates / documents at the time of
Interview for verification. Failure to bring the same will render ineligible to attend PPT &
- No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview.
- Self-attested copies of all educational qualifications along with experience certificates are
required to be submitted invariably.
- Age and educational qualifications may be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Institute.
- In respect of JRFs, an amount equivalent to one month pay will be deducted in four equal installments i.e. @1/4 th pay per month from first four months remuneration as caution deposit. This amount will be refunded to the candidate only on successful completion of notice period obligations. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final in this regard.
- Candidates may submit a declaration stating that they are willing to be considered for a
lower position in case their application for the applied position is found ineligible or if not
been shortlisted for a further scrutiny.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs may also leave the assignment, on their own violation by giving one month notice period / deposit 30 days’ pay in lieu of notice period or any short fall thereof or as decided by the Competent Authority of NIPHM. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final in this regard. If any of the contractual staff leaves NIPHM abruptly or without serving notice period, the caution deposit amount available will be withheld/forfeited/confiscated. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final in this regard.
- If RAs/SRFs/JRFs undergo any training programme at NIPHM either free or on
concessional basis, they shall execute a bond stating that he/she shall serve the NIPHM for a minimum of two years (provided their contract is extended), failing which he/she shall reimburse the cost of the training programme to the NIPHM at the time of getting relieved. However, no request will be considered for exemption of fees and the same becomes payable. The certificate of participation will be held with the institute for two years after completion of the training or till payment of training fees whichever is earlier.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs are required to adhere to the administrative, financial and disciplinary regulations of NIPHM where the incumbent is working. Regular attendance of them shall be ensured by the concerned Director of the division keeping an attendance register/ biometric.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFss shall be engaged in the Scheme/Project work on full time basis and will not be allowed to undertake any other work or to accept or hold another appointment with or without remuneration elsewhere.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs shall give a declaration to the effect that he/she is not drawing any other scholarship/fellowship or is employed elsewhere in the form prescribed.
- NIPHM will have full intellectual property rights/proprietary rights on research outputs of
the Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs with reference to work done during the period of working in the NIPHM as per the provisions of “Guidelines for Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer / Commercialization” mutatis mutandis. However, in case the RAs/SRFs/JRFs has been associated with research work, his/her name will be
acknowledged / included appropriately in the research paper(s). The
Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs shall have no right in this regard.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs will be under the administrative control of the Director of the concerned Division at NIPHM. The RAs/SRFs/JRFs will be subject to the
Administrative, financial and disciplinary regulations of the NIPHM. RAs/SRFs/JRFs
shall have to work on all working days except for the General holidays and adhere to
punctuality in attendance and should be willing to work before & after office hours in case of need. He/ She should be willing to work late hours, night shifts/ on holidays etc. as & when ordered by competent authority as per the requirement of the Institute’s work.
- Their headquarters will be at Hyderabad (OR) will be as necessitated by the project.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs will not be entitled to (i) General Provident Fund, (ii)
NIPHM Group Insurance Scheme, (iii) All other service benefits allowed to regular
employees. He/She will not be entitled to any travelling allowance at the time of joining
and leaving NIPHM.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs will be entitled to admissible tour TA & DA as per
- Income tax will be deducted from the emoluments of Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs at
source as applicable.
- The candidates should set up residence within 3 kms of NIPHM. The decision of the
Competent Authority will be final in this regard.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs is required to produce all the original certificates of
educational qualifications, experience at the time of joining at NIPHM for verification.
- Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs will not be entitled to any Medical benefit & allowances.
- The Consultants/RAs/SRFs/JRFs shall have no claim, whatsoever, for
regularization/absorption or otherwise against any regular post on termination of the
tenure/project as it is purely contractual/temporary & is time bound in nature which runs
co-terminus with the length of the project.
- No correspondence will be entertained with the non-shortlisted or non-selected candidates.
- The above vacancies are indicative and may vary as per actual requirement.
- In case of any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with this
advertisement/notification, Hyderabad City courts have jurisdiction to decide or adjudicate.