Job Title: Research Fellow – Investigating Functional Traits and Tree Vulnerability
University: Azim Premji University
Project Title: Investigating Functional Traits and Tree Vulnerability
Job Type: Full Time
As a researcher, you will be:
- Involved in looking at vulnerability and endurance capability, keystone species of urban trees, and investigating functional traits at different scales.
- Involved in collecting field samples, setting up and standardizing lab protocols, taking measurements, analyzing data, and writing manuscripts.
- The project involves national and international collaborations.
- Candidates with a PhD degree in plant eco-physiology or ecology are especially desirable. Exceptional candidates with a PhD degree in plant physiology with expertise in hydraulic traits will also be considered.
- Candidates with a strong interest in working on a project that combines theory and experiment are invited to apply. Wet lab experience is preferred, and basic programming / analytical skills, especially in image processing, are desirable.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with a master’s degree will also be considered.
Please email the below documents to <[email protected]> with the subject line “Application for Research Fellow position“:
- Cover letter stating your interest in the position.
- Names and contact details of two references.