Elsevier Associate Scientific Editor For Life Sciences, Apply Now
Associate Scientific Editor
JD: Associate Scientific Editor( Medical Science)
Would you like to help publish innovative Scientific research?
About our Team
Elsevier is a global information analytics company. We are a provider of science, technical and medical information, products and services that help progress science and advance healthcare. We have locations in North America, Europe, South America & Asia.
About the Role
As an Associate Scientific Editor you will be focusing on our medical science sections in Heliyon. This job offers a unique opportunity to start your editorial career with an exciting journal.
- Managing the peer review and publication process of assigned manuscripts in a growing open access journal
- Assessing submitted research papers to identify potential content for our publications
- Working with the Heliyon team to develop the journal’s processes and content
- Contributing to Heliyon team and innovation projects by identifying exciting new topics and research.
- Overseeing the peer review process to verify the content and to make editorial recommendations
- Writing preview articles to introduce our readership to new findings.
- A medical degree (MBBS/MD/MS/DNB) or a PhD in medical/life sciences
- Have an exceptional command of the English language and the ability to write in an engaging and interesting manner
- Have knowledge/experience in medical ethics/study design/trial registration.
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to adapt and flex to deliver multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Be able to think critically and creatively to resolve problems and implement solutions
- Be willing to learn and absorb new areas of research
Work in a way that works for you
Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
- Subsidised food provided (applies to India- Chennai)
- Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Free Transport provided to and from the office (applies to India-Chennai)
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.