Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences Research Fellow Recruitment, Applications Invited
Application for Junior Research Fellow in DBT funded project
Applications are invited for the following Junior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) position under a DBT funded research project on “Functional Analysis of PHLPP1 in Myogenesis: Implications for skeletal muscle dystrophies”
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: “Functional Analysis of PHLPP1 in Myogenesis: Implications for skeletal muscle dystrophies”
Duration: The duration of the fellowship is until the end of the grant (February 2025). However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by
e-mail to [email protected] on or before 15th July 2023 with “DBT-PHLPP Project” as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview. Shortlisted candidates will be first interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 38,440)
- Literature search.
- Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
- Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
- Bookkeeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
- Cloning and site directed mutagenesis
- Generation and genotypic analysis of transgenic zebrafish
- Dissection of adult zebrafish, sectioning and slide preparation, and immunohistochemistry
- Imaging analysis of zebrafish larvae
Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences or Graduate/Post-graduate degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET
including Lectureship and GATE
b. Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISc, IISER etc.
- 1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and zebrafish are preferred. Experience with dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
- The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in independently and in teams.