BIRAC Biological & Life Sciences Jobs With Up To Rs. 2.10 Lakh pm Pay – Apply Online
Vacancy Ref. No: BIRAC/PMU/VAC/110/Jan-2024
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aid in enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by
decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
More details about the Mission Programme can be seen at website BIRAC (Mission Document)
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
The qualifications and experience required and other terms and conditions for empanelment are given below:
BIRAC is inviting applications from qualified, experienced and ambitious professionals for the following position:
Position: Program Officer
Position Code: PO-08
Number of Positions: 01 (One)
Tenure: The appointment shall be under ‘Contract for Service’ initially for a period of three (03) years or Coterminous with the project, whichever is earlier. The present duration of the project is till June’2024. Renewal of the contract shall depend on the extension of the Project or need for continuance of service, based on satisfactory performance.
- M. Sc / M. Tech/ M. Pharm in life sciences, biological sciences, or allied areas.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in life sciences, biological sciences, or allied areas.
- Post Qualification Minimum 2 years of experience in any reputed life science/ Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in Vaccine, Biotherapeutics, or Medical devices Research & Development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for preparing detailed reports, giving presentations, etc.
- 30 years as of the closing date of the applications.
Responsibilities for Implementation of NBM-PMU:
- Monitor all grantees within your focus area, engaging both technical and financial experts.
- Work closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review and supervise grant management activities.
- Understand team objectives and cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve them.
- Adhere to internal and external compliance responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Work with Legal and Finance to prepare all necessary contracts and agreements.
- Coordinate with stakeholders involved in NBM-PMU management.
- Administer all aspects of new and ongoing projects, including planning and implementation.
- Ensure timely execution of all activities.
- Responsible for supporting the organization of investigators’ meetings, interactions, and advisory group discussions, including international conferences and workshops.
- In addition to scientific expertise, the Senior Program Officer/Program Officer must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
- Work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application: 22nd February 2024.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein or elsewhere; the decisions taken by BIRAC shall be binding upon all concerned.
In case of any query, drop an email to: