Biotech Grant Analyst Job at Parexel – Biological Sciences Apply Online
Study Grant Analyst II
Job ID: R0000008257
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Build Grant Estimate
- Timely preparation of accurate and competitive Clinical Study grants (Phases I – IV for all clinical indications) via proficient usage of any Clinical Study Pricing Tool that Parexel is required to use to support our Clients’ needs. The default, currently licensed tool in this regard is Grant Plan.
- Collaborate to prepare competitive budget concepts for Pre-sales business Proposals in conjunction with other members of the Proposal team while remaining compliant with the Request for Proposal (RFP) and Parexel internal policies.
- Subject Matter Expert and Lead on the creation, revision, escalation, and approval process of Clinical Study grants for awarded Projects with the assigned Site Contracts
- Leader and Study Project Leader and Project Director, as appropriate.
- Preparation of additional Post Award Clinical Study grant analyses for the assigned Site
- Contracts Leader and Study Project Leader and Project Director, as appropriate.
- Participation in strategy sessions and budget reviews when requested to develop win themes, identify, and assess competitor’s benchmarks and discuss client needs.
- Ensure that all Clinical Study grant information is performed in full compliance with Fair Market Value (FMV) principles and the Physician Payments Sunshine Act.
- Familiarity with healthcare compliance and other relevant guidance (HIPAA, FCPA, Safe Harbor, etc.)
- Display good knowledge sharing capabilities, share lessons learnt and new scenarios with the team.
- Deliver and maintain client-focused Grants analysis to measure performance and proactively identify issues for resolution.
- Support & build departmental or functional training plans, content & delivery.
General Administration & Operations
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and assure compliance with, applicable ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices, Regulatory Agency requirements, and Parexel SOPs
- Participate in, Parexel and department system/standards improvement activities or committees, task force groups as needed, including change management.
- Ensure agreed levels of productivity/billability are maintained.
- Complete routine administrative tasks in a timely manner (e.g., timesheets, training, travel expense claims). Ensure compliance with travel and billability guidelines for department, region, or function, are met where appropriate.
- Travel as needed.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships, and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Ensure implementation of process improvements in response to client and team feedback and quality audits
- Look within and beyond CRS to encourage teamwork, quality and productivity efforts to the benefit of CRS and Parexel
- Strategic Thinking skills that support the ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Leverage communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to convey information across functional lines and upward within Parexel.
- Client focused and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through project and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
- Ability to resolve issues independently and knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to external & internal customers after assessing the organizational implications of the interaction and consultation with Senior Management.
- Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word software
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems.
- Advanced ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple and varied projects/tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Outstanding negotiation, influencing and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder/relationship management with a client focused approach to work.
- Able to understand the business implications of decisions and impact on customer.
- An ability to assess situations and make and carry through difficult decision.
- Ability to successfully work in a (‘virtual’) team environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 – 4 years work experience in clinical site budget development, (use of GrantPlan or Grant Manager) in a similar role within the managed care, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
- Experience in the use of industry benchmarking databases and other tools utilized to ensure fair market value in the development of investigator grants.