Elucidata Bioinformatics Scientist Job Opening – Freshers PhD Apply Online
Role: Bioinformatics Scientist II
Type: Full Time
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India & Delhi, India
No of position: 1 (one)
Elucidata is seeking a bioinformatics enthusiast for the role of Bioinformatics Scientist. In this role, you will get the opportunity to lead and manage customer-facing projects and multidisciplinary teams, apply your data science skills to solve complex biological problems, improve the understanding of biological systems and diseases and accelerate drug discovery using machine learning and AI.
- Ingest, curate and analyse multi-omics (single-cell, proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics etc) biological data in the public domain using APIs, pipelines and ML curation models on the Polly Platform.
- Transform and curate public and customer data for consumption on the Polly Platform and enable downstream analysis and multi-omics integration
- Hands on experience in processing and analysing bulk and single-cell transcriptomics data.
- Analyse multi-omics (proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics etc) biological data to derive relevant insights using state-of-the-art statistical methods.
- Innovate to implement new tools and pipelines, improve existing pipelines and algorithms for multi-omics biological data analysis and visualization.
- Write production-ready code for bioinformatics algorithms, pipelines, visualizations and data reporting.
- Work closely with account managers to nurture and grow accounts.
- Effectively communicate and deliver curation, processing and analyses to various stake-holder
- This role also brings the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of data scientists, product managers and engineers to translate customer requirements into exciting results, features and products on our platform.
- Fresh PhD or Masters (with >3 years of relevant experience) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biotechnology or related technical discipline.
- Relevant experience in multi-omics data analysis, development of scalable bioinformatics pipelines and experience with public omics repositories (eg. TCGA, GEO, CCLE, DepMap etc)
- Basic knowledge of data standards and ontologies and their importance in structured data management.
- Proficient in a programming language used for data analysis such as Python or R.
- Hands-on experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured big data.
- Demonstrated success in collaboration, and independent work.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Think independently and also contribute to an active intellectual environment
Required Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Skills required: Research, Team leadership, Bioinformatics, Python/R programming