Beckman Coulter Life Sciences’ mission is to empower those seeking answers to life’s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you’ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers—and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Name of Post: Scientist I – Product Design and Sustainment
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job ID: R1241132
The Project Manager will ensure overall
success of New Product Development projects in the area of Flow cytometry assay/conjugate development while working with the Core team leader. This position requires experience, skills and performance to achieve project scope, quality and on-time delivery in alignment with strategic goals.
Location – Based in Bangalore, India
Role – Scientist I – Product Design and Sustainment (Technical Operations)
Technical Operations group as part of Operations provides the scientific and technical support in terms of designing of new panels for flow cytometric use also handles post release sustainment tracking (Non-Conformances and Customer Complaints). Inside this group you will design new flow cytometric panels for customer and provide technical inputs to manufacturing along with determining specifications for Quality Control and sustain the production line and to improve the productivity and the quality of products. Interfacing as appropriate with Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing and suppliers.
You will manage the designing of new panels and preparation of documents, Investigation to root cause for non-conformances and customer feedbacks and complaints and apply appropriate corrections, protocol definition for manufacturing, verification/validation of products or processes according to quality standard and resolution of complex situation. Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring in area of expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Non-conformance tracking and investigations: Identify resolution to complex technical problems and utilizing scientific method as foundation for problem solving.
- Well versed with manufacturing/QC/R&D related activities.
- Panel designing for flow cytometric panels. Communicate with customers and sales representatives for alignment on the design and manufacturing requirements.
- Customer defect tracking and investigations: Identification of root cause and countermeasures to implement.
- should be trained on Protocol writing for SOP and manufacturing procedures.
- Flexible to take up new challenges & performs other related duties as required.
- Involved in Process changes for Operations.
- Should perform experiments to control or to manufacture reagents according to procedures, technical protocols in respect of QA and RA regulation and GMP rules.
- Enabling new segment / new process implementation for Operations.
- Provide technical/scientific expertise to support Operations.
- Support Operations with the technical expertise related to QMS in compliance with the existing regulation.
- Plan and prioritize daily/weekly work with sensitivity to priorities and their impact on business.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology with 5-7 years of experience and/or Masters in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology with 4-6 years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding multicolour Flow Cytometry would be added advantage.
- The function requires the ability to proactively work and plan and prioritize daily/weekly work with sensitivity to priorities and their impact on business. The ability to work independently and leadership qualities are essential.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.