Bioinformatics Jobs Bangalore – BaseSolve Informatics Pvt. Ltd Hiring
About the job
SENIOR BIOINFORMATICS SCIENTIST
BaseSolve is leading the transformation of Genomics Data Science Technologies. We specialize in providing intelligent solutions for the efficient analysis and management of Next Generation Sequencing data, enabling accurate insights for clinical diagnostics and scientific research.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist; You will actively support our ongoing projects that include development, validation and implementation of data analytics, development of tools/ databases and research publications.
- We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or Perl, as well as R
- Excellent understanding of various Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data from platforms like Illumina, PacBio, MGI, Ion torrent, 10X, and others
- Skilled in NGS data analytics, including variant calling, annotation, and interpretation
- Prior experience with Databases like gnomAD, ExAC, UKBiobank, TopMed, UCSC, 1000 Genomes, etc., and database management systems such as mySQL/ORACLE, MongoDb (highly desirable)
- Experience with cloud platforms and High-Performance Computing (HPC) is highly desirable
- A strong track record of peer-reviewed journal publications is a plus
- A team player with intellectual agility to deliver assigned tasks effectively
PhD/Post-doc/M.Sc./M.Tech in a scientific discipline related to the responsibilities for this position (Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Informatics, Biology, Genomics). Interested candidates may write to [email protected].
Kindly mention the advert number in your cover letter and briefly highlight your skillsets and suitability for the position.
Job Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat / Bengaluru, Karnataka, INDIA
Basesolve is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate Unity in Diversity and are against any kind of discrimination based on gender, race, religion, color, caste or sexual orientation.