- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- May 26, 2023
- Accountable for delivery of technical solutions that ensure use cases for franchise and delivers intended benefits
- Manage and influences all technical computer science platforms to design, to analyze and implement complex and new data-driven solutions, with an impact on the DD&T Structure and Architecture.
- Interpret and improve advanced techniques in partly structured and unstructured big data across different partner organizations.
- Collaborate with Business and IT partners across GDT to ensure data solutions are delivered and operating with USBU and global standards and enterprise platforms account for USBU use case
- Partner with technical engineering teams, enterprise data backbone, solution architects and third-party partners to develop technical architecture for strategic data-driven commercial projects.
- Evaluate latest tools for analytic data engineering to grow the future of analytics in Commercial.
- Support the Commercial Operations Team and Franchise analytics team for data related questions and analysis related to Commercial ecosystem and related interfaced systems.
- Manage and influence the data analysis approaches, uses different technologies, big data preparations, programming and loading and initial exploration in the process of searching and finding data patterns.
- Define data engineering techniques and best practices for data transformation, data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Lead and implement ongoing tests in the search for solutions in data modelling, collect and prepare the training of data, tones the data, optimizes algorithm implementations to test, scale, and deploy future models.
- Facilitate analytical assessment conceptualizing needs and translate them into analytical opportunities.
- Make recommendations to design and deploy complex data models
- Lead the development of technical roadmaps and approaches for data analyses to find patterns, to design data models, to grow the model to a managed production environment within the current or a technical landscape to develop.
- Influence and manage data exploration from analysis to scalable models, works independently and decides quick on transfers in complex data analysis and models
- Impacts on IT structure and architecture and provides leadership to this discipline
- Independently use own judgement to identify data requirements and influences the design and implementation.
- Support annual budgeting process through the inclusion of franchise projects including planning, scoping and budgeting.
- Solve tough problems with other team members and independently solve most difficult problems.
- Coach or leads lower-level engineers and other technical groups including education on capabilities delivered and potential use cases for other departments within USBU
- Maintain up-to-data knowledge on modern data technologies, explore new platforms and beta tooling.
- Represent the team while working on project across commercial. Is internal and external expert to-go-to in how to lead advanced Computer Science and Engineering skills and techniques
- Influence and maintain relationships with partner organizations to support data analysis, modelling and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience or relevant project / coursework
- Write and speak in the English language
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and management of technologies to affect change across departments.
- Manipulate voluminous data with different degree of structuring across different sources to build and communicate relevant insights for internal or external parties.
- Work in an agile and fast pace environment with high quality deliverables.
- Knowledge with Commercial data ecosystem processes and platforms – CRM, MDM, Omnichannel Marketing, data warehouse, Field Sales Reporting, Alignment/Targeting and Incentive Comp
- Expertise with SQL, Informatica tool stack and QlikSense/Tableau Reporting
- Experience with two of the following languages: Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with data formats including Parquet, ORC or AVRO
- Understanding of Web Services and JSON formats
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with Multiple NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J,
- Experience using a “Data Lake” environment
- Experience using Spark (Scala or PySpark)
- Experience with Horizontally Scalable solutions
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Understanding of AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, EMR, and Athena)
- Experience with a Rapid UI tools: EX: Tableau
- Understand or Application of Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning
- Experience in a scientific environment.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
650 East Kendall Street