Job Title: EHS Specialist I
Job Location: Bangalore
Reporting to: Team Leader/Manager EHS
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a Hazard Communication Specialist in Bangalore, India.
The Hazard Communication Specialist supports all Thermo Fisher business divisions by completing hazard assessments, preparing hazard communication documents (safety data sheets and labels), assisting with safety data sheet distribution, and maintaining product information systems for knowledge management and compliance assurance.
The right candidate will have experience providing regulatory support for both internal and external customers, and is comfortable working closely with internal Product Management, Sales, and Project Management teams.
• Author and publish global Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for the company’s commercial and experimental products in compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations.
• Understand laws and regulations governing SDS authoring, downstream chemical distribution, and hazardous chemical management.
• Examine product formulation and documentation necessary for proper hazardous characterization.
• Maintain data integrity on hazard assessments in the SDS authoring system
• Actively participate in workflow and system development projects to continue to maintain compliance with global hazard communication regulations and related regulatory requirements
• Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers
• Continuously improve SDS and label processes focusing on simplicity, transparency and efficiency.
• Research and maintain knowledge of changing country-specific hazard communication standards and regulations.
• Assist the Supervisor/Manager in meeting the project deadlines and the overall compliance requirements.
• Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Toxicology, Chemistry, Biology or other life sciences.
• 2-3 years of experience in Dangerous goods and GHS classification.
• Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to accurately manage large amounts of detailed information.
• Excellent Microsoft suite skills. Should be comfortable with advanced MS-Excel and MS-Access
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and to work independently.
• Familiarity with Chemical Regulations like GHS, REACh, Safety Data Sheet requirements, and regional-specific experience with Korea, and China are preferred.
• Strong knowledge on Prop 65, OSHA guideline
• IATA DGR certification preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, EMS. ISO guidelines
• Strong English skills. Additional language skills (European or Asian) are preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.