Syngene Immunology & Cell Biology Research Investigator Job – Apply Online
Designation: Research Investigator- Translational Medicine-Clinical Flow Cytometry (7-I)
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: TM-TSDX- Clinical Flow Cytometry
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
This position is within the clinical flow cytometry team of Translational Medicine (TM) at BBRC, Syngene. You will play a key role in drug discovery and clinical development by providing technical expertise for design, execution and results interpretation of high order multicolor flow cytometry assays. Work
in a collaborative manner with internal and external stakeholders to enable program transition to the next stage. Execute and oversee assay development, validation, instrument calibration/quality assurance and maintenance of the flow cytometers. Support clinical sample analysis. Develop new capabilities in high order flow cytometry to support the development of biomarker assays as per program needs. Day to day oversight and management of team of scientists.
- Collaborate with program leads to understand requirements and support project needs
- Provide technical expertise for design and execution of flow cytometry assays at the lab bench
- Perform assay development and validation
- Oversee clinical sample analysis and data interpretation
- Deliver on projects within timelines.
- Oversee maintenance and calibration of flow cytometers
- Lead a team of 1-2 Scientists and oversee their day to day activities
- Establish advanced flow cytometry capabilities in the team
- Lead exploratory research projects
PhD in Immunology/Oncology/ Heme malignancies/Cell biology or related disciplines with 1-5 years relevant experience of working on high order multi-color flow cytometry assays in industry/academic research.
Technical/functional Skills: (Maximum 4-6 Points)
- Background and expertise in Immunology/Cell Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Oncology/Heme malignancies
- Experienced in design, execution and data interpretation of multicolor flow cytometry assays (required)
- Experience working on diverse flow cytometer instruments. Demonstrated capability of working on research projects and delivering under tight timelines
- Experience with third party flow cytometry data analysis softwares (eg: Flowjo, FCS express, etc)
- Experience working in drug discovery will be a plus
- Excellent publication record and demonstrated ability for independent research
- Having worked with human clinical samples is desired.
- Statistical skills and understanding of experimental design
- Familiarity with unsupervised flow cytometry data analysis tools will be considered a plus. Usage of scientific softwares like graphpad prism or equivalent
- Research oriented mindset.
Experience: 1-5 years of prior experience in industry or academic institutes with exposure to flow cytometry technology platform
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to adapt to dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good documentation skill set
- Team player and able to adapt to a fast-changing work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Send your CV to: