Pfizer, the world’s premier biopharmaceutical company, is at the forefront of innovation in healthcare. We are dedicated to discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering quality, safe, and effective prescription medicines to treat and prevent diseases for both humans and animals. Our mission extends beyond medicine, as we also collaborate with healthcare providers, governments, and local communities worldwide to improve access to our medicines and enhance the quality of healthcare and support systems.
In the dynamic world of pharmaceuticals, Pfizer stands out as a global leader, committed to revolutionizing healthcare. As part of our ongoing efforts, we have exciting job opportunities available for Sr. Associate Publications Writers. This article provides an overview of the role, responsibilities, and candidate requirements for this position.
As a Sr. Associate Publications Writer, you will be an integral part of Pfizer’s Biopharmaceuticals Group (PBG), specifically within the Global Medical Excellence & Innovation team of Global Medical Affairs. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of abstracts, posters, manuscripts, congress presentations, and slide decks in accordance with business requirements under the supervision of a Publications Writer.
- Conduct data mining as necessary to fulfill document needs.
- Ensure data quality control for all documents, representing data objectively and accurately.
- Adhere to general publication policies and company guidelines for all documents.
- Provide regular project updates using specified trackers and presentations.
- Receive training on developing plain language summaries for manuscripts, as applicable.
- Provide scientific support at congresses, including the creation of materials and reports.
- Support the Medical Affairs group by conducting literature reviews and summaries and preparing slide decks.
- Ensure timely delivery of all activities within expected timelines and budget, while adhering to necessary guidelines.
Responsibilities of a Sr. Associate Publications Writer
As an Associate Publications Writer, you will support the Publications Writer and Global Medical Affairs by:
- Assisting in manuscript writing, including research, organization, compilation, and quality checking of technical and/or medical information.
- Creating slides, abstracts, training materials, and style guides tailored to diverse audiences and client requirements.
To be considered for the Sr. Associate Publications Writer role at Pfizer, you should meet the following criteria:
- Possess a post-graduate/doctorate degree in life sciences, pharmacy, medical sciences, or equivalent fields.
- For medical graduates and PhDs, a minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- For masters in life sciences, more than 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in publication writing in academic settings or communications experience within an agency, CRO, or Pharma/Biotech company is necessary.
- Familiarity with search tools, development of search strings, assessment of search results, and data analysis is desirable.
Required Skill Set
As a Sr. Associate Publications Writer, you should possess the following technical and personal skill set:
- Excellent scientific writing skills, including the ability to effectively interpret and summarize complex data in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Proficiency in utilizing tools such as OvidSP and other bibliographic databases like PubMed, Medline, Embase, and Biosis.
- Ability to analyze data, formulate hypotheses, and design and execute analyses to test them.
- High fluency in written English and strong functional fluency in spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills, including the ability to guide decision-making for document content strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in software commonly used for presenting and analyzing data, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and reference management tools like EndNote.
- Experience in literature search and utilization of freely accessible databases, especially in the context of antimicrobial resistance, is preferred.
- Experience: 2 to 3 years
- Qualification: Post-graduate/Doctorate degree in life sciences/pharmacy
- Location: Mumbai & Remote
- Industry Type: Pharma
- End Date: 20th June 2023
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team as a Sr. Associate Publications Writer, please send your resume to Harriet.DAlmeida@pfizer.com with the title ‘Publications Writer.’ Alternatively, you can apply online through our official portal.
What qualifications are required for the Sr. Associate Publications Writer role at Pfizer
A post-graduate/doctorate degree in life sciences, pharmacy, medical sciences, or equivalent fields is required.
What experience is preferred for this position?
- Medical graduates and PhDs should have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience, while masters in life sciences should have more than 3 years of relevant experience.
What skills are essential for a Sr. Associate Publications Writer?
- Strong scientific writing skills, proficiency in data analysis and search tools, fluency in written and spoken English, and organizational abilities are crucial for this role.
What software skills are required?
- Proficiency in software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and reference management tools such as EndNote is necessary.
Where can I apply for the Sr. Associate Publications Writer position?
- You can send your resume to Harriet.DAlmeida@pfizer.com with the title ‘Publications Writer,’ or you can apply online through Pfizer’s official portal.
Disclaimer: GetMicrobiologyJobs provides general information only. Job seekers must verify job postings and employers before applying. We’re not liable for scams or fraudulent job postings. Be cautious of any job postings asking for money. We never ask for money.