Sanofi Analyst Reporting Role For MSc, PhD Life Sciences – Apply Online
Job title: Analyst – Reporting
Hiring Manager: Team Lead Commercial Analytic
% of travel expected: Travel required as per business need, if any
Job type: Permanent and Full time
About the job
Sanofi Global Hub (SGH) is an internal Sanofi resource organization based in India and is setup to centralize processes and activities to support Specialty Care, Vaccines, General Medicines, CHC, CMO, and R&D, Data & Digital functions. SGH strives to be a strategic and functional partner for tactical deliveries to Medical, HEVA, and Commercial organizations in Sanofi, Globally.
The overall purpose and main responsibilities are listed below:
- At our Sanofi we are leveraging analytics and technology, on behalf of patients around the world. We are seeking those who have a passion for using data, analytics, and insights to drive decision making that will allow us to tackle some of the world’s greatest health threats.
- Within our Commercial Insights, Analytics, and Data organization we are transforming to better power decision-making across our end-to-end commercialization process, from business development to late lifecycle management.
- Analytics deliverables support planning and decision making across multiple functional areas such as finance, manufacturing, product development and commercial.
- In addition to ensuring high-quality deliverables, our team drives synergies across the franchise, fosters innovation and best practices, and creates solutions to bring speed, scale and shareability to our planning processes. As we endeavour, we are seeking a dynamic talent for the role of “Analyst – Reporting”
- We are looking for a team member to support our analytics team based out of US. Robust analytics is a priority for our businesses, as the product potential has major implications to a wide range of disciplines.
- It is essential to have someone who understands and aspires to implement innovative analytics techniques to drive our insights generation across different franchises.
- Maintain effective relationship with the end stakeholders within the allocated GBU and tasks – with an end objective to develop education and communication content as per requirement
- Actively lead and develop SGH operations associates and ensure new technologies are leveraged
- Initiate the contracting process and related documents within defined timelines; and
- Collaborate with global stakeholders for project planning and setting up the timelines and maintaining budget
- This role will work closely with Commercial Data Strategy (BO&S COE) to identify reporting and analytics requirement that could be provided proactively to meet challenges on data purchases.
- In addition, this role will support the Contract Lifecycle management with activities not limited to generation, review, routing, approval, archive, execution, payment, and renewal or cancellation of commercial deals. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, proactive, and analytical.
- Refresh Existing Reports and identifies improvement opportunities in reporting and BI tools and as needed structure / functionality with the latest insights as they become available
- Create dashboards to synthesize and visualize key information and enable business decisions
- Works to develop deal tracking analytics and reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with Digital to enhance data access across various sources, develop tools, technology, and process to constantly improve quality and productivity
- Data Visualization: As experienced Report & Analytics Specialist personnel, analyse and processes data (e.g. to Purchase, to Pay, Internal Sales, Market data etc), create dashboards, generate KPIs, based on transactional and non-transactional data from systems
- Contract Administration: Support in the proactive management of global commercial contracts through organisational excellence. As an experienced content specialist, you will invest in the development and maintenance of SharePoint site where all relevant contract documents are stored with alerts on the next actions to be taken – renew, cancel, raise PO etc.
- This position is responsible for designing and implementing KPI dashboards to add value to the business by improving data purchases and support contract administration.
- The following key activities will be performed by this role:
Identify and define what are required for data analysis
Collect data that are required for data analysis
Perform data cleaning if it is necessary
Enhance data through addition of new attributes – GBU/TA/Franchise/Product et
Analyse, manipulate, and interpret the data from the data analysis.
Maintain interactive dashboards for any changes.
Help to build up a continuous development pipeline.
Educate and enable the business users to use data visualization tools.
Develop and maintenance of SharePoint site for Contracts
Support with the translation of contracts to database and create visualization
Help with monitoring actual payment versus planned payment
- Support delivery of projects in terms of resourcing, coordination, quality, timeliness, efficiency, and high technical standards for deliveries made by the medical writing group, including scientific documents and clinical/medical reports
- Contribute to overall quality enhancement by ensuring high scientific standards for the output produced by the medical writing group; and
- Secure adherence to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable standards
- Refresh report on frequency/cycle basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually), along with QC checks for each refresh
Stakeholder: Work closely with global teams and/ external vendors to ensure the end-to-end effective project delivery of the designated publication/medical education deliverables.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical product commercial forecasting and analytics. Knowledge of common databases like IQVIA, Engagement and execution data, etc.
- Soft skills: Strong learning agility; Ability to manage ambiguous environments, and to adapt to changing needs of the business; Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills a must; Team player who is curious, dynamic, result oriented and can work collaboratively; Ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment; Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones; Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques
- Technical skills:
- Proficiency and strong experience of using analytical tools like Power BI (Power Query Editor, DAX functions, etc.), QlikSence, Tableau, Smartsheet, and Alteryx etc;
- Proficiency of any programming languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, R, VBA)
- Experience using analytical platforms (e.g. Databricks, Jupyter Notebook, SQL developers, etc)
- Data Science experience to build business cases for machine learning opportunities is a great plus
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources and/or CRM data systems (e.g. IQVIA, Symphony, Komodo, Veeva, Salesforce)
- Expert knowledge of Excel and/or proficiency in VBA
- Experience of working on Business systems link MS SharePoint, with Knowledge of transactional / back-office systems or reporting systems (SAP, Workday, eBuy/ Coupa, …) a plus
- Experience of developing and managing dashboards
- Project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- An aptitude for problem solving and strategic thinking
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable insights
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of stakeholders and diverse functions
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing functions
- Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques
- High level of Interpersonal/ communication skills with an ability to communicate and present at different levels of the organization
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present non-technical details to a technical audience and vice versa
- Education: Advanced degree in areas such as Management/Statistics/Decision Sciences/Engineering/Life Sciences/ Business Analytics or related field (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters)
- Languages: Excellent knowledge in English and strong communication skills – written and spoken.