Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 44/22
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Project Fellow in a Spices Board of India funded research project entitled “In vitro and in vivo validation of the efficacy of the synergistic combination of curcumin and 5-FU in exterminating breast cancer stem-cell like population using orthotopic breast xenograft model in NOD-SCID, gamma mice” in the Laboratory of Dr. Ruby John Anto at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The candidates must have Good Academic records with First Class Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences.
- The candidates should have atleast one year research experience, other than MSc project work in the relevant area.
- As the work includes animal tissue culture and animal tumor models, prior experience with animal cell culture and animal handling is required.
- The candidate should be ready to go to our collaborating hospital at Thrissur to collect the samples whenever necessary, as the work involves patient-derived breast cancer xenograft model.
Below 35 years as on December 20, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹ 15,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable till termination of the project based on performance evaluation.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is before December 20, 2022.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected. Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.