Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Senior Project Associate and Project Associate – I each in a DBT funded mission mode project entitled “Mission Program on Pediatric Rare Genetic Disorders” in the Laboratory of Dr. Moinak Banerjee at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
SENIOR PROJECT ASSOCIATE
- The candidate must have a Post Graduate Degree with at least 1st class in Life Science or Computational Biology/ Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a recognized University.
- The candidate should have completed at least four years of post-MSc or two year of post MBBS research experience.
- Doctoral Degree in Science/Engineering/Technology/Pharma/MD/MS from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Experience in Genome informatics, NGS data handling, Statistical analysis.
- Experience in programming in Python or R
- Candidate should have atleast one pubmed indexed research article in the genomics field.
Below 40 years as on December 15, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹42,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
PROJECT ASSOCIATE – I
- The candidate must have a Post Graduate Degree with at least 1st class in Life Science /MVSc/Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a recognized University.
- Candidate should have qualified National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)/or any National Level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT, DST. DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER.
- Experience in Genomics and Cytogenetics, Bioinformatics and Statistical analysis.
- Experience in DNA, RNA and blood processing, PBMC isolation, Karyotyping.
Below 35 years as on December 15, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
₹31,000/- + 16% HRA per month. ₹25,000/- + 16 % HRA for others who do not fall under the (Essential Qualifications :2 ) above.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable till termination of the project based on performance evaluation on yearly basis.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is before December 15, 2022.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.