Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology
Engineering Natural Killer Cells and γδ T cells with CD19 CAR for adoptive immunotherapy
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow in a DBT/RRF-funded research project in the laboratory of Dr. Sunil Martin at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. The focus of the laboratory is to engineer immune cells with synthetic receptors to understand the basic mechanisms and to explore its translational potential in cancer immunotherapy. For more information on research on research projects undertaken in the lab, visit the webpage webpage
AGE:-Below 28 years as on December 27, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to two years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier based on performance evaluation 12 months after the appointment.
₹31,000/- with 16% HRA consolidated per month.
- The candidate must have good academic track records with first-class M.Tech or M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Biomedical Sciences. Candidates with degrees in medical disciplines (MBBS/ MLT /BDS) with a keen interest in research are also welcome to apply.
- Candidates qualified with national-level Junior Research Fellowship such as CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR will be preferred.
- Prior research experience in molecular biology, immunology, hematology, or biochemistry in academia or industry with an aptitude towards pursuing a research career.
- An aptitude for designing, organizing, and executing experiments in the laboratory with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in flow-cytometry and mammalian cell culture.
- Experience in handling and processing human blood.
- A commitment to complete the project.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is before December 27, 2022.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected. Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the ONLINE selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
For more details click here