About the job
Responsibilities Role And Accountabilities
- Lead appropriate product development lab work, including timely development of bench-top prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and support scale-ups for commercialization under Grains (Hot Meals) platform
- Co lead the back end grains supply chain to successfully meet processing challenges and ensuring sustainable and consistent pulp/juice quality
- Lead the flavour development program for R&D Hot Creals with appropriate learning’s in Flavour tools and techniques to ensure quality, speed and cost of flavour work with Flavour partners
- Accountable for monitoring quality in market and supporting development to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with Nutrition Science and Regulatory functions and accurately implement guardrails and targets in advance of project delivery . Display advanced level of understanding in these areas
- Collaborate with International and local experts / Institutions on Grains (Grains) harvesting , milling, quality challenges , best practices and document/share New Technology and techniques on Oat Milling and leads implementation of best practices developed elsewhere
- Employ experimental design and statistical processes to provide robust formulation support by conceptualizing and preparing laboratory/pilot/plant scale protypes adequately iterating on product attributes basis analytical and sensory evaluation
- Rigorously implementing basic Project management tools in all areas of product development work. (TSG, accolade, FSS etc)
- Integrate Consumer test results with key product deliverables and provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives
- Ensure accurate processes for preparation , sampling and codification for analytical and sensory evaluations and interpretation of results
- Ensure clear work prioritisation and action plans for self basis changing business strategies and establish responsibilities for cross functional support areas and monitor progress.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal , including documenting work/ programs accurately and timely into appropriate formats ( eg. laboratory notebooks)
- Utilization of interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams and cross-functions including International PD teams.
QualificationsKey Skills/Experience Required Experience and Qualification
- MS in a Food Science & Technology or related scientific field with > 6 years experience
- A proven track record in product development preferably in Grains (Oats)
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of formulation development techniques including design of experiments and statistical applications
- Leverage understanding of key business drivers, technical nuances in own area to get results.
- Develop agenda for projects activities and drive execution.
- Translate stratergies into plans that can be effectively executed.
- Knowledge about Juice drinks / Other fruits processing and agro challenges.
- Experience of working in FMCG sector essential with advanced knowledge of food science , process technology and understanding of nutrition and regulations
- Creative ability and ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and excellent communication skills
- Ability to accurately analyze and communicate implications of experimental results