BNHS PhD Scientist Jobs For Life Sciences and Zoology. PhD Life Sciences and Zoology Research Fellows recruitment at The Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
BOMBAY NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY (BNHS)
Scientists (Ornithologist) for BNHS Wetlands & Flyways Programme
Position: Scientists (Ornithologist) for BNHS Wetlands & Flyways Programme
Number of position: Two
Job Description: Candidates will have to assist the wetland team in developing pan India wetland programme and to conduct and coordinate field research work with wetland conservation activities.
Age Limit: Below 35 years.
Type of Job: Contract
Duration: 6 months’ probation, if found good extendable to two years
Location of Placement: Bhagalpur, Bihar
- The posting is contract basis.
- The position is purely field basis. The location of the placement may change after the posting also based on needs and requirements
- Interested candidates can send their application via email or post with a detailed CV in the prescribed format given In Annexure – I. The application should reach BNHS Office by 5th January 2023 at 17:00 hrs by giving three references. The address to send your application is The HR Dept. Bombay Natural History Society, Hornbill House, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road, Opp. Lion Gate, Mumbai – 400001 Tel. 22821811. Email: [email protected].
- BNHS reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information
provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
Educational Qualification: Ph.D in Life science, Environmental Science/ Wildlife Biology/Zoology.
Desired Educational and other Qualifications
- Four to five years of experience in the field of wetlands / wildlife conservation
- Experienced in Field Surveys Techniques
- Experienced in Community based conservation works
- Sound knowledge of wetland ecosystem, policies related to wetlands and wetlands biodiversity
- Strong scientific writing and basic mapping and analytical skills
- Physically fit to undertake strenuous field work
- Experienced in managing a team and to have team building capability
- Experienced in identification of birds, mammals, reptiles and insects
- Experienced in mapping tools QGIS, Arc GIS etc
- Data Analysis skills and familiar in using R
- Publications in peer reviewed journal
- Ready to work in Pan-India basis and ready for extensive travel across India
- Sound knowledge on writing project proposals
The candidate should be able to
- Assist the Project investigators in overall execution of the project
- Do Data collection, collation, Analysis, Writing reports, papers articles and awareness
- Involves extensive travel in short notice and field work in harsh conditions
Salary: INR 35,000/- to 38,000/- per month CTS + Provided field accomodation on sharing basis