inStem Technical Officer -II Job For BE/B-Tech (in any biological sciences), Apply Online. BE/B-Tech (in any biological sciences) vacancy.
About the Posts –
An indicative list of the work areas of the incumbent is given below (they are not exhaustive and new areas may be added later):
Technical Officer -II (Mouse Genome Engineering Facility)-Post Code -20/22
The Technical Officer -II is involved in the day-to-day activities of the MGEF Facility as per the direction of the facility head. S/he will perform all round duties as delegated by the Head of the Department. The responsibilities include but not limited:
- Coordinate and participate in the daily operations of the MGEF transgenic and cryopreservation services
- Perform pronuclear microinjection, blastocyst injections, embryo transfers and survival surgeries
- Electroporation of CRISPR gene editing reagents into 1- or 2-cell mouse embryos
- Cell culture and injection of gene-targeted mouse ES cells to produce mouse germline chimeras for the establishment of novel mouse lines
- Sperm collection and cryopreservation, Embryo collection and cryopreservation, Fertilization, recovery of mouse sperm and/or embryos
- Cryo recovery of sperm and In Vitro fertilization
- Embryo transfer live surgeries.
- IVF rederivation of novel mouse lines imported into MGEF facility
- Animal husbandry and Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring and care
- Accurate recording keeping as per Standard Operative Procedures
- Data management of client’s project, Communicating project status and results with clients.
- Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring and care
- Handling of laboratory mice/rats, transgenic/knock out techniques and technologies. Excellent organization, record keeping, and communication skills.
Eligbility Criteria: BE/B-Tech (in any biological sciences) with minimum 2-4 years’
experience preferably in research establishment
Desirable Qualification: 60% marks in aggregate/Post-Graduation
Age: 35 years for direct recruitment/ Not exceeding 56 years for deputation
Procedure for application for those who are already in Govt. Employment/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc:
Candidates employed in Government/ Public Sector Undertakings/ State Government/ Autonomous Organisations etc. and Departmental Candidates should produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the stage of interview/skill test.
Exemption from Payment of Application Fee: As per the prevailing guidelines of Government of India of
(i) SC/ST community
(ii) Women and PwD category of any community are exempted from Application Fees.
Supporting certificates should be uploaded for SC/ST & PwD candidates.
Payment of Application Fee: Fee for other than exempted categories application fee is to be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI. Application Fee paid by the candidates who have not submitted their application or whose application is not shortlisted will not be refunded. All applicable service charges, bank charges etc. shall be borne by the applicants only. Without deposit of application fees, the application would not
be processed. Kindly refer to the below link for the payment options. After remitting the application fees to the bank account or through QR code/UPI ID using the information available in link given below, the payment reference number is to be mentioned in the online application form https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal/payment-options
Selection Process for inStem Biological Sciences job: The selection process will consist of:
i. Tier-I (Written Test); and
ii. Tier-II (Interview)/Skill Test
How to Apply: To apply for the position, interested candidates may log into DBT-inStem website – Careers—Open positions (https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal/)
Last date for receipt of online application 15.01.2023