ICMR NIV Microbiology Job. NIV Job Vacancy – Microbiology, Biotechnology Project Vacancy. National Institute of Virology Jobs. ICMR-NIV Vacancy.
Walk-in-Interview/written test, at ICMR-National Institute of Virology, Bangalore Unit
Job Title: Project Technician-C (Lab)
Number of posts 05 (03-UR, 01-Reserved for SC, 01-Reserved for OBC)
Date of interview/test 06/01/2023
Emoluments Rs.24,500/- p.m.
(1) 12th pass in Science subjects and
(2) Two years diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician or
related subject or One year DMLT plus one year experience or
Two years field/laboratory experience*
* B.Sc. degree shall be treated as 3 years experience
1. B.Sc./M.Sc. Microbiology / Biotechnology
2. Work experience in diagnostic laboratory/Cell Culture/ ELISA / PCR / sequencing.
3. Knowledge of computer application/report preparation.
Age limit 30 Years
Project Title: WHO-National Polio Surveillance Programme
Place of interview/test ICMR- National Centre for Disease Informatics and Research
Near International Airport Trumpet Bus Stop,
Poojanahalli Road, Kannamangala post,
Devanahalli TK, Bangalore-562110, Karnataka.
Date of interview/test 06/01/2023
Reporting time for the interview/test is 09:00 – 10:30 am. Candidates arriving late after 09:30 am will not be entertained under any circumstances
- Depending upon the number of candidates, written/skill test will be
conducted. Question paper will be on relevant subject matters of the concerned position
considering its essential qualification and job requirements, in addition to, general
knowledge, reasoning skills, quantitative analysis, language and general aptitude etc.
- Candidates successfully qualifying the written/skill test would be considered for
interview and/or further process of recruitment, subject to fulfillment of required eligibility criteria in all respects of qualification, age and experience, etc. Candidates must be present at the venue [i.e. ICMR- National Centre for Disease Informatics and
Research, Near International Airport, Trumpet Bus Stop, Poojanahalli Road, Kannamangala Post, Devanahalli Taluk, Bangalore – 562110] in time before 09:30
am along with duly filled in and signed application form with their bio data and all
original documents along with one set of photocopies in proof of their educational
qualification, experience, age and identity etc.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. No calculators, log tables, electronic devices etc. are allowed for the examination. Director, NIV reserves the right to change the venue and other process of recruitment as per circumstances.
ICMR NIV Microbiology Job
Terms and conditions: –
1. Number of vacancies may vary.
2. These positions are meant for temporary extramural project for appointment purely
on temporary contract basis and co-terminus with the project.
3. The advertised posts are tentative without commitment for its filling. Recruitment will
depend upon the requirement of project and approval of the competent authority.
4. Emoluments: The rates of emoluments/stipend shown in this advertisement are
project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the
Project. Payment of emoluments to the project employee will be depending on
availability of funds from the funding agency.
5. Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates,
Retrenched Government Employees, project employees and ex-Servicemen in
accordance with the instructions issued by ICMR from time to time. Age concession
to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible
for experienced and skilled persons, subject to the approval of the competent authority. No
age relaxation will be available for UR position.
6. Category once applied will not be allowed to be changed at later stage and no
communication in this regard will be entertained.
7. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of the walk-in-interview.
8. Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Validity Certificate. OBC
candidates must possess the latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
9. Separate application should be submitted for each post/reservation. Project for
engagement of the applicant will be decided by the selection committee/appointing
10. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an
Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the
minimum essential qualification.
11. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
12. Persons already in regular time-scale service under any Government Department /
Organizations are not eligible to apply.
13. No TA/DA will be paid and candidate has to arrange transport/accommodation
themselves for written test/interview.
14. The institute reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
15. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall
disqualify the candidature at any stage.
16. Project personnel cannot be permitted to register for Ph.D., due to time constraints.
17. Project personnel will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be
posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in
any part of the country.
18. Project personnel shall not have any claim on a regular post in this institute or in any
Department of Government of India and their project service will not confer any right
for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment/absorption in
funding agency or in this institute. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme,
Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, etc. are not admissible.
19. Initial appointment will normally for a period of six months and further continuation/
extension of project service will depend on tenure of the project and performance
evaluation of the concerned project employee by his/her project investigator, subject
to approval of competent authority.
20. The Project Investigator and/or Appointing authority reserves the right to terminate
the service of project personnel even during the agreed contract period or extended
contract period without assigning any reason.
21. Leave shall be as per the Institutional policy for project staff.
22. NIV reserves the right to cancel/modify the recruitment process at any time, during
the process, at its discretion.
23. No accommodation can be provided for any candidate in case the process of
test/interview gets delayed till late evening or following day/s due to the
overwhelming crowd of candidates. Candidates are advised to carry their Tiffin
box/food items/snacks to avoid inconvenience.
24. The decision of the Director, NIV will be final and binding.
25. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
26. Corrigendum/addendum/further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement,
will be published on our websites only.
27. Due to the short-term research project and the urgency of shouldering the workload,
preference will be given to regional/local candidates so as to join immediately.
28. Candidate must bring his/her duly filled in the application form in the prescribed format
with a recent passport-size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/C.V. and
all relevant documents; in original; with one set of self-attested photocopies, in
proof of his/her educational qualifications [all certificates and mark sheets from 10th
Std. onwards], working experience, age, caste and photo id [Aadhar Card/Indian
Passport/PAN Card/Driving License] etc., failing which his/her candidature will not
be considered. ICMR NIV Microbiology Job
View Main Notification