Data Manager (01), Research Associate (09), Project Assistant (01), Project Associate II (01), Junior Research Fellow (09)
Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre invites applications from the interested deserving candidate for the post of DM (01), RA (09), PA (01), PA II
(01) and JRF (09) positions in below mentioned research projects. For details of the projects post, essential qualification, fellowship is given below:
Project Code : RSS/UKRI-GCRF 2019-20/19
Project name : Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF): One Health Poultry Hub
Desired qualification : Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or related fields, with 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Ability to work in a Linux environment, and process large amounts of data in a cloud environment
• Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms.
• Thorough, working knowledge of databases such as SQL,
• NoSQL, HDFS and RDBMS.
• Strong data extraction and processing skills, using NoSQL, Map Reduce, Pig, and/or Hive preferred.
• Expertise in at least one of the following fields: machine learning, data visualization, data mining, or information retrieval
Name of the post : DATA MANAGER
Fellowship : Rs. 72,800/- (fixed) yearly increment @10-12% based on satisfactory performance.
Project Code :
Project Name :Translational Applications for Therapeutics from Veterinary and Allied Microbials (TATVAM)
Desired qualification : Ph.D. in Biotechnology/ Bio-informatics/Biochemistry/ Life science or equivalent Degree OR Having 3 years of research design and development experience after M.V.Sc/ M.Tech in Biotechnology/ Bio-informatics/ /Biochemistry/ Life science with at least 1 research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
Experience: In addition to the above, the candidatesshould have knowledge in cloning and expression of
proteins, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis, bioinformatics, etc.
- 16% HRA 3 B.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Bio-informatics/Biochemistry/ Life science or equivalent Degree or Three years diploma in Engineering or Technology
Name of the post : RA
Fellowship : RA I: Rs. 47,000/-
RA II: Rs. 49,000/- +
RA III: Rs. 54,000/-
Project Code : GBRC/GSBTM/JD1/HLT21/2020-21
Project Name : Multi-Omic Analysis to identify biomarkers to demarcate Oral Cancer and healthy tissue for margin clearance.
Desired qualification :
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology/ Bio-informatics/Biochemistry/ Human Genetics/ Medical Biotechnology/Cancer Biology or equivalent Degree OR
- Having 3 years of research design and development experience after M. Tech in Biotechnology/ Bio informatics/Biochemistry/ Human Genetics/ Medical Biotechnology/Cancer Biology with at least 1 research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Bio-informatics/
/Biochemistry/ Human Genetics/ Medical
Biotechnology/Cancer Biology with 3 years of
research design and development and
experience with at least one research paper in
Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
- Experience: Candidates having research experience in cell culture/cell selex system,
aptamer designing, NGS data analysis, and
having interest in single cell genomics with
5. Name of the Post : RA
FELLOWSHIP : For Research Associate having qualification as mentioned at
No 1, 2 Fellowship will be
RA I: Rs. 47,000/-
RA II: Rs. 49,000/-
RA III: Rs. 54,000/-
OR For Research Associate having qualification as mentioned at No 3.
Fellowship will be RA I: Rs. 37,845/- RA II: Rs. 38,670/- RA III: Rs. 41,850/- (Not entitled for