- 5,001-10,000 employees · Chemical Manufacturing
- See how you compare to 38 applicants. Try Premium for free
- Actively recruiting
About the job
- As a part of the Global Chemistry innovation team for the Professional Business Segment at Diversey, the individual in this position works on the innovation & development projects in the area of Laundry, Kitchen hygiene, Personal care and Infection prevention.
- Provides creative solutions to project management problems through understanding of new and emerging techniques inside and outside the company.
- Can determine own approach to problems and devise solutions within scope of own ability
- Plans and performs laboratory assignments, customer trials, tests and assembles experimental apparatus, and operates various machines and testing equipment in evaluation of products.
- Records experimental data, makes calculations and presents data covering work.
- Regularly communicates progress of, and requirements to complete assigned work with manager and project teams.
- Uses Six Sigma tools in different stages of project
- Supports in developing/improving test methods and implements them proactively in laboratory
- Keeps Lab records and maintains instruments.
- Interacts & communicates with Global R&D team and works closely with them
- Maintains hygiene in lab and uses tools like 5S
Functional Knowledge/ Skills & Qualifications
- PhD in Chemistry/Chemical Engg with 1 – 2 years of R&D experience OR MS/ MTech in Chemistry/Chemical Engg with 6 – 8 years of R&D experience
- Knowledge of Six sigma and statistical tools for experimental design and data interpretation
- R&D tools and techniques (e.g. SciFinder/ Micropatent/ Innography for patent/publication searches, Statistical Analyses, CAS, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated, creative and energetic
- Problem solving skills
- Customer driven and result-oriented
- Decision maker
- Must possess excellent communication/presentation and interpersonal skills