DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance
DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance (IA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to support its growing needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the IA Fellowships or Grants teams.
- Accountable for the full portfolio of IA’s applications and awards.
- Accountable for the quality of work performed by the Grants Advisers in relation to the application and award portfolio, ensuring that their work is undertaken according to agreed procedures and produced in a timely fashion.
- Develop and manage a training and skills development programme for the Grants Advisers to ensure that their competencies meet the needs of the IA.
- Act as Secretary to the IA’s Selection Committees.
- Work with various stakeholders in the smooth conduct of award competitions
- Responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the IA Fellowship or Grants programme.
- Oversee processes for monitoring and impact measurement.
- Organize feedback from Fellows, Reviewers, and Committee Members, as and when required
The remuneration for this post will be based on qualifications and experience.
PhD in Life Science/Biological Sciences/similar areas
- Permission to work in India. Work location will be Hyderabad
- Good knowledge of the science, research and policy ecosystem in India, and the larger international context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Good time management skills and able to work under strict deadlines
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with funding agencies in the grants management area preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Awareness of accepted global professional protocols and procedures.
- Proven experience in managing large programs for effective implementation of the organization’s objectives, both independently and as a member of a cohesive team, preferably within the settings of a research funding organisation or an academic institution.
- Experience of running competitions for funding
- People Management Experience
Interested Candidates can send the following to CEO ([email protected]indiaalliance.org) by December 16, 2022. Please ensure the subject line reads: “Application for Grants/Fellowships Manager”.
- Your CV (limit 2 pages; Arial Font size 11)
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for the position (limit 1 page; Arial Font size 11)
- Examples of written work (scientific papers do not qualify)
People who have applied against previous round of advertisement in the month of June, 2022 should reapply for the position, if still interested.
(Note: This form does NOT have a ‘Save and Close’ option; it will not be possible to save your responses for multiple editing before submission. CLICK ON THE ‘SUBMIT’ BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO COMPLETE THE FORM.)
Do not use Internet Explorer to fill this form. Use ONLY Google Chrome.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further processing. India Alliance reserves the right not to hire anyone or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found.
For more details click here