CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit Jobs For BSc Biochem, Project Assistant Vacancies – Attend Walk-In
CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit
14, Satsang Vihar Marg, New Delhi – 110 067
Advertisement No.: IPU/01/2023
CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit placed at New Delhi invites application from eligible and interested candidates for purely temporary positions at the level of Project Assistants to work in the area of Intellectual Property Management. Date of walk-in-interview is 13/07/2023. Details for applying are available on www.csir.res.in
The CSIR- Innovation Protection Unit (CSIR-IPU) is engaged in securing Intellectual Property for CSIR. Since inception, CSIR since inception has filed more than 12000 Patent Applications in India and 11000 Patent Applications abroad including PCT, USA, Europe, China, Japan, Australia, Canada, South Africa, South Korea etc. CSIR-IPU is a unit under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), an autonomous body with the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (Ministry of Science and
Applications are invited from eligible & interested candidates (Indian nationals) who meet the Essential Qualification and work requirements to work on project titled “Intellectual Property Management”. The engagement is purely on temporary and contract basis. The engagement shall be initially up to 31 March 2024 and maximum until 31 March 2026, i.e., co-terminus with the project. The tenure of any project staff beyond 31 March 2024 will be subject to review by a Review Committee at the end of each year or earlier, as deemed necessary. The location of the project activities will be at CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit (IPU), Vigyan Suchana Bhavan, 14, Satsang Vihar Marg, New Delhi – 110 067.
Temporary Manpower Position: Project Assistant
Position Code: IPU04
Number of Positions/ Name of Position: 4 (Four)/ Project Assistant (Chemistry)
Upper Age Limit: 50 years.
- Candidates applying for the position must bring with them a printout of the filled form ‘APPLICATION FORMAT FOR ENGAGEMENT OF PROJECT ASSISTANTS’ available with this advertisement for registration on the date and time of the walk-in-interview. The candidates must bring with them original certificates/ testimonials at the time of test/interview along with two copies of attested photographs and a set of self-attested copies of certificates / testimonials in support of age, qualification, marks obtained, experience etc. Incomplete application forms and not supported by self-attested copies of certificates are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should present themselves at the below given venue, date and time for Interview. Written test may be conducted if necessary. In such a case, the interview of shortlisted candidates will take place on the same day or on the next day.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one position need to apply separately for each position.
- Final semester and result awaited candidates are not eligible for above mentioned post.
- The cut-off date for determining the qualification and experience, age, etc. of candidate will be the date of Walk-in-interview.
- Candidates must fulfil essential qualification and other stipulated criteria as on date of the advertisement of this positions.
- The engagement which is on contract basis in respect of all above positions will confer no rights on the candidates, whatsoever, implicitly and / or explicitly for their continuation beyond tenure/absorption / regularization in CSIR. Contract may be terminated at any time at a notice of one month from either side or one month stipend in lieu thereof.
- The engagement shall be initially up to 31 March 2024 and maximum until 31 March 2026, i.e., co-terminus with the project.
- Project staff would be governed by the Guidelines relating to engagement of project staff in CSIR Projects including NMITLI projects, OLP/MLP, Contract R&D and non-CSIR funded Projects issued by CSIR vide OM No. 4/CMG/2020-TMDII dated 13 August 2020 or any other guidelines issued by CSIR from time to time.
- Mere fulfilling the minimum qualification does not confer any right in a candidate for being called for interview. If large number of applications received, the screening committee will adopt its own higher criteria for shortlisting the applications and preference will be given to the candidates having qualification and experience over and above advertised qualification/experience.
- The result of the selected and waitlisted candidates will be declared on the CSIR website https://www.csir.res.in/.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test/ Interview.
- CSIR-IPU will make a panel of waitlisted candidates to fill positions. Such panel will be valid for one year from date of notification of result, or until project completion, whichever is earlier.
- If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no-objection certificate from the current employer at the time of joining.
- In case of selection, the information provided by the candidate in the form will be verified from original documents. In case of any information being found incorrect or false, the offer of engagement is liable to be cancelled.
- Head, CSIR-IPU reserves the right to increase/ decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Head, CSIR-IPU will be final and binding.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified.
The selection of the Project staff would be based on (a) academic records, and/ or (b) performance in the test and (c) interview.
- Date of Walk-in-interview: 13/07/2023
- Reporting Time: 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Venue: CSIR-Innovation Protection Unit (IPU), 3rd Floor, Vigyan Suchana Bhavan,
14, Satsang Vihar Marg, New Delhi – 110 067.
- Nearest Metro Station: Hauz Khas or Munirka
Essential Qualification: B.Sc. in Chemistry/ Chemical Science/ Bio-Chemistry
Desired Qualification: Patent Agent/ Post Graduate diploma in Intellectual Property Right/ Management Course in IPR
Work Requirement: To handle inventions related to Chemistry or Bio-Chemistry
*IPR-Intellectual Property Rights
Positions are for Project Assistant
Monthly emoluments would be Rs. 20,000/- + HRA increment of 15% for 3 years of experience with a maximum ceiling of 4 such revisions i.e. up to 12 years of experience.
Download the application format below