MSD BSc Life Sciences Job – Apply Online For Specialist Role
Post Name – Specialist- Diagnostics & Access
Job ID: R247821
Specialist- Diagnostics & Access
Our company is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and
expanding your career.
Given the impact and the critical role of the diagnostic on patients’ eligibility to the most appropriate drug therapy, there is a strong need to properly address scientific information around biomarker testing, both from clinical and technical standpoint
The Oncology Diagnostic Specialist will be accountable for;
- effective communication and implementation of biomarker strategy associated with an approved companion and/or predictive diagnostic (CDx)
- effective communication of access strategy for oncology drugs
- driving scientific events
The Oncology Diagnostic Specialist will:
- Educate medical oncologists, pathologists and other stakeholders on the importance of predictive bio-markers and ensure enhanced adoption of testing
- Educate oncologists and their practice groups on our company access initiatives
- Drive educational / scientific activities with the oncologists/pathologists
- Establish pan-tumour CPS testing and lung TPS testing by educating on the relevance of techniques, materials and methods. Educating the stakeholders on clinical evidence and ensuring high quality and reproducible testing standards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders in the chosen domain
- Closely coordinate with field sales and field medical colleagues to educate and drive / expanding bio-marker testing practice among core institutions and key scientific leaders
- Be responsible for organizing, leading, developing projects & daily report of visiting customers and action plans arising from the strategy of biomarkers
Qualifications Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmacy)
- Experience in the Oncology and/or Biomarkers area is highly preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of biotech, diagnostic/medical selling experience in a pharmaceutical field
- Fluent in English
- Must possess a high degree of technical expertise, have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- A strong customer focus – ability to deliver value to the customer by understanding and meeting their needs
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.