Job Name: Liquid R&D Scientist (AMEA)
Reporting Line: R&D – Lead (AMEA)
Job type: Full time
Lead recruiter: Niharika Yadav
About the role
As Liquid Development Scientist supports new product development (NPD) with analytical, liquid formulation and process engineering experience to lead new product initiatives in, flavored spirits, RTDs and other alcoholic beverage products.
As a Liquid R&D Scientist developing new consumer preferred and winning formulations, pioneering new technology and processing routes, application of advance analytical and sensory techniques as well as consumer validation. Develops formulations manufacturing processes, identification, characterization and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process.
This position may also serve as an expert in a specific technical skill or area of expertise and act as an R&D representative on cross-functional teams.
With our Consumer at the heart, your key focus will be to:
- Work on the development of new products formulations, following requirements and priorities agreed as per innovation pipeline and timing
- Work on reformulation of existing products for quality improvement and value engineering
- Generate new concept and idea to suit the fast-changing consumer expectations
- Regular interaction with suppliers, flavor houses and external agencies to deliver project within agreed timelines.
- Travel to manufacturing plants and supervises production of new/reformulated products as may be necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work in a global environment and cross functionally with supply chain, production, marketing, and sales
- Evaluate new product flavors and aromas via sense of taste and smell.
- Maintains precise experimental records; issues test methods, validation protocols and reports, issues project status and other reports
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of documentation as it relates to the flavors and formulation.
- Partner with key suppliers, outside research institutes and agencies to develop new concepts and ideas.
- Independently designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of existing and new technology.
- Keeps abreast of, explores and develops new technologies and shares information with his team and Manager
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with other departments/groups and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing
- Seeks advise from colleagues and Management when unexpected results occur or when major changes to project plans are considered
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding
Skills and Experience
The Skills & Experience needed to create your legacy
- Masters in Science/ Food Technology/ Alcohol Technology/Chemical Engineering/other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in a beverages/foods/alcohol product development
- Practical knowledge of NPD –Stage gate process
- A practical approach with significant experience of using experimental design, measurement and interpretation in the development of new products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with others, and ability to plan and execute work independently with minimal supervision
- Mobility – willing to travel 20%-30% of time
- Knowledge and experience the Spirit business (nice to have)
- Proficient working knowledge in applying general good laboratory practices and procedures
- Demonstrating necessary commitments and knowledge towards safety requirements
- Possess good knowledge of natural sciences and food science
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and have ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably have working and/or hands-on knowledge and experience in some or all of the following techniques: HPLC, MS, GC, Spectrophotometer, Sensory
- Globally minded and able to demonstrate cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Great communication skills and gravitas with the ability to present credibly to local and global stakeholders.
- Someone who has a passion for creativity and like experimenting with flavours
- Someone who can study the competitive market in the region and use available insights to develop initiatives to develop and work on new flavours