Avantor BSc Biology, Biochemistry Quality Manager Job – Apply Online
Senior Quality Manager
- Establish and maintain procedures and techniques for Quality Assurance Activities.
- Assist in the coordination of manufacturing and engineering and confers with customers to define and resolve product quality issues.
- Interact with Leadership to advise necessary continuous improvement efforts so that systems and processes are in line with overall company strategy and quality policy.
- Provide technical input and implement process and documentation changes. Manages a large team of experienced professionals with a focus on policy and strategy implementation, as well as implementing short-term operational plans.
What we’re looking for
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or science-related field
- Experience: 5 years of related/applicable lab experience; minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
How you will thrive and create an impact
- Directly supervises the quality control staff, monitor individual skills and abilities for most efficient operation; follow progress of work; anticipate or investigate delays or inadequate performance; take corrective action within limits of established practice; provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Provides on the floor and technical support to quality control associates
- Support and enforce the quality system, regulatory policies and work instructions.
- Maintain quality and quantity of output; arrange for equipment, materials and supplies to be available for work assignments; see that equipment is given proper care; troubleshoot faulty operations to determine cause and arrange for required repair and maintenance.
- Provide or arranges for training and cross training to employees in the performance of duties; assist and instruct personnel as necessary to insure proper flow of work through department.
- Provide guidance to all level Technicians including test methods, analytical technique, good laboratory practice, paperwork completion, equipment, schedule interpretation, and software implementation support.
- Review and approval of controlled Quality Control documents including but not limited to: specifications, procedures, work instructions, validation protocols and validation reports.
- Ensure department documents and procedures are up to date and reflect current practice; revising procedures & processes when needed.
- Performs investigations for laboratory out of specification results, safety related incidents and/or processes related to the QC laboratory.
- Work with customers, regulatory agents and vendors during audits and site visits.
- Understands regulatory requirements for 21 CFR820, BSI, EXCiPACT, GLP, GMP including USP/EP general practices and procedures.
- Proactively maintains current industry and regulatory knowledge and current analytical technology.
- Assist in determining priority of urgent items and appropriate action plan to effectuate priority.
- Approve rejections and rework actions as recommended by Quality Control Technicians.
- Enforce prescribed safety rules and regulations; insure that work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly condition; perform safety and security procedures to open and close buildings and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.