Govt Ministry of Health Scientist Jobs – Applications Invited
Filling up of vacant contractual positions in Department of Health Research-reg.
Applications are invited for filling up the following vacant positions in the Department of Health Research:
Name of the Post: Scientist-C
No. of Posts: 03
(i) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree recognised by Medical Council of India or post graduate degree in any of the subjects viz- Biochemistry or Chemistry or Anthropology or Sociology or Social Work or Food and Nutrition or Economics with specialisation in Health Economics or Psychology or Biology or Bioscience or Entomology or Genetics or Medical Genetics or Immunology or Microbiology or Molecular biology or Pharmacology or Pharmacy or Toxicology or Virology or Zoology or Biotechnology or Botany or Bio-Informatics or Biostatistics;
(ii) Four years’ experience of Research and Development or Teaching or working in public sector
or Government recognised institutions.
Fixed Remuneration: Rs.67,000/- + HRA as per city rate (per month)
Age limit: Not exceeding 45 years. Relax-able up to 5 years for Government servants and SC/ST/OBC candidate in accordance with the instruction issued by the Department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard. Age relaxation may be considered for exceptionally qualified and experience persons or for retired professionals who will be taken as consultant if found fit.
- Responsible for the scientific, and/ or technical aspects of the implementation of the schemes of DHR.
- Invitation of applications/proposals from the States/Medical Colleges/ Institutions
- Preliminary review examination of applications/proposals to determine their eligibility in terms of the project guidelines.
- Organizing TEC and Approval Committee meetings.
- Getting the requisite MoA signed by the States/Medical Colleges/Institutions.
- Submission of the proposals for recommendations of the review/expert committees.
- Seeking any clarification from the States/applicants on various issues/points.
- Submission of proposal along with the recommendations of the expert committees.
- Conveying acceptance of proposals to the fellow/concerned State/Medical Colleges/Institutions.
- Monitoring of Physical progress and financial reporting against the release of funds for the new and ongoing projects.
- Undertaking visits to the grantee organisations wherever necessary.
- Seeking performance-cum-achievement reports and submission of these reports to the concerned committees/higher officers for further evaluation.
- Any other work assigned by the Department.
- The Department reserves the right to hold or not to hold the selection in respect of all or any category of posts.
- The initial engagement would be for a period of 11 (eleven) months. Thereafter, the engagement would be reviewed and it can be extended on year to year basis based on the review of performance and requirements.
- The engagement would be on full-time basis and incumbent would not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement with the Department of Health Research.
- The engagement is of a temporary nature against the specific jobs. The engagement can be terminated at any time by the Department without assigning any reasons.
- The engagement is purely on contract basis on consolidated remuneration basis and the incumbent will not have any claim whatsoever for regularization of appointment in the Government.
- Annual increase @5% every two years can be considered by the Department on satisfactory performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Candidates must enclose self-attested copies of date of birth certificate, copies of degree/diploma and mark sheet, experience certificate etc, with the application form (enclosed).
- For retired Government Servants, the remuneration including pension shall not be more than the last pay drawn by the officer
- Department reserves the right to evolve a uniform and reasonable criterion for short listing of eligible candidates, if needed.
- Candidate must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for.
- Applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Allowances: No allowance/benefits such as Dearness Allowance, Transport Facility (except for official duties), Residential Accommodation, Personal Staff, CGHS, and Medical Reimbursement etc. will be admissible.
Leave: Eight days leave in a calendar year on pro-rata basis will be admissible. The DHR would be free to terminate the services in case of absence by more than 15 days beyond the entitled leave in a calendar year.
TA/DA: No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion.
Keywords: Government job, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health Research, Scientist-C, contractual positions, qualifications, eligibility, responsibilities, terms and conditions, allowances, leave, TA/DA, application form, apply.